What is one band/song you would kill to see live

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rick, i dont think you'll have to kill to see black label. they are around pretty often in small venues for a very reasonable price.

I know it, however they for some reason dont like to play on weekends here. They have a show coming up soon and its on a damn tuesday.

Sure, you get to see Neal, but at what cost. The lead singer's voice will explode your eardrums!!!

But he wanted to hear YYZ! There are no vocals in YYZ.

I was lucky enough to see Rush twice in (I believe) 1981, when the great stuff from the mid/late 70's was still their show. Good stuff.

I'd love to see all the artists on the Sun Records label back in their prime from the 50s and I'd love to see Buddy Holly.

Then the 80s/90's bands that broke up and/or died. OpIvy, Blind Mellon, Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime, etc etc etc

i fel your pain ric they have been in allentown(about 40 min from me) twice and they were both mid week shows.

Frank Zappa would top the list for me and the particular song would be The Torture Never Stopped.

I would have killed to see Concert for George live. That lineup was unbelievable

I'd love to see the Dead with Pigpen. Close second would be Band of Gypsies then SRV, then the Beatles. The list goes on and on and on.

I'd love to see the Dead with Pigpen. Close second would be Band of Gypsies then SRV, then the Beatles. The list goes on and on and on.

I was going to say the Beatles also, but I really don't think they would have been spectacular live (unless you saw them in the cavern club). They were a studio band foremost

The Doors
Elvis
The Grateful Dead
Nirvana
Led Zeppelin In their prime W/ all original members
Jimmy
Beatles
Pink Floyd during The Wall

I love all music but I would like to have been able see these guys.

I got out of high school in the 70's and have had the pleasure to see many many of the bands listed in concert. I have to say if I could turn back time and go to one concert event it would be Woodstock. There are numerous artist there I would of loved to see live.

Ive seen so many concerts its hard to remember what I still want to see. I was thinking about it and Would of loved to see Hendrix and Would love to see The Rolling Stones.

There's so many bands I wish I could have seen in their day, with the complete lineups.

Zep, SRV, The Doors, Hendrix, The Who, Skynard. Man, the list goes on.

Steely Dan! Hands down number one!
Next would be a cross between SRV, Sublime, Hendrix, the original Count Basie Band, the original Lynard Skynard, (anyone notice the dead singer/leader theme I have going?)

Others would include Dire Straits, Stones, Booker T and the MG's, Talking Heads,....

Skynard again. I saw them at a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum back in 76 or 77. From what I do remember it was phenomenal to watch and yes hear Freebird. :fro:

wow. thats a concert i havent heard of in a very very long time.

I'd love to see all the artists on the Sun Records label back in their prime from the 50s and I'd love to see Buddy Holly.

Then the 80s/90's bands that broke up and/or died. OpIvy, Blind Mellon, Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime, etc etc etc

most disappointing show ever was smashing pumpkins at lalapaluza 94 in san fran. beastie boys stole the show. BTW i forgot about tosh marley and the whalers.

Chris Ledoux

Amen brother!

He used to play at the Grizzley Rose in Denver 3 or 4 times a year, but I never got around to seeing him. Then he got sick and it was too late.

I've seen Western Underground twice, but its just not the same thing.

I AM going to see The Dropkick Murphys this month! I guess I'd ALMOST kill to see them.

You won't be disappointed!! That is an awesome show. Seen 'em twice, met Scruffy, did a shot of Jack with him at the second show. Just an awesome show.

Saw it: Yes - in their "Tales of a Topographic Ocean" tour back in the '70s. I was running concessions (which is where I learned to hate pin-locks) and they had a boat-load of junk for the freaks to buy. Still have my free T-shirt. Minor advantage of being in charge, we were making so much money from our cut, that I let everyone have a shirt.

#2 would be Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed". It's not one song, though. The album starts with "The Day Begins" and cycles through the day to "Nights in White Satin".

Alice in Chains Unplugged would have been a cool show to be at as well.

I have seen many great shows but for one song with everything that was happening has to be Bush in Panama City for Spring break in 1996. It was pouring down rain, lighting all over the place. I was in the vip section with a beautiful date and hanging out with Farris Bueller. Gavin came out on stage alone with just strat and went into Glycerine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfatUZ5RDG0]YouTube - Gavin Rossdale - Glycerine (live spring break)[/ame]

Man alive, this is a really good question, with great responses so far.

I'd have to say that my top would be to see Johnny Cash play live. To be a fly on the wall at his first show at Folsom Prison would have been amazing.

Second, I would love to catch Elvis Presley pre-1968.

Someone mentioned OpIvy earlier. That would be an amazing show to catch. Not sure that would definitely happen, but with all of the reunion shows that have happened in the last few years, you never know. I caught a Token Entry reunion show back in December. Never thought that would happen.

I wish I could have seen the Ramones in a smaller venue. I saw them play a college gymnasium in the mid 90s. This was after Dee Dee left, so I guess circa 78 at CBGB would be an amazing place to be.

I should stop.

Pink Floyd

/thread

Couldn't agree more. The closest I have ever got to a Floyd concert was the Australian Pink Floyd show. Awesome as it was, I don't think it could come close to Pink Floyd itself.

Others I would have liked to seen would have to include Zepplin, The Who, Skynard, Deep Purple, Clapton, and Simon and Garfunkle.

I have a lot of their concerts on DVD.

Back