What is a large neon beer sign worth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brule

Reaction score
So a buddy of mine bought a large neon budweiser sign at a benefit auction for a friend of mine who is battling cancer. I can't seem to find anything like it online of this large size and got to thinking, if anyone would know it would be someone on this forum. :)

It's about 4-5 feet long, maybe 3 feet high "Budweiser" with the eagle design above the word and several green tubes underneath that looks great when turned on. This thing is massive compared to any I could find. Not sure what his plans are with it yet, but in the likely event he keeps it, it'd still be good to know the price for homeowners insurance, etc.

If anyone has a general idea of what this is worth or knows who would know, I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, I just wish I had the room for a proper man cave... :confused:

The value of the sign is far more dependent on the age than size. If it is relatively new or was custom built, it may only be worth $100. This site, might be of interest, if the sign is old.

Thanks for the replies, they are very helpful especially that link. I think it's the 4 foot classic sign which I found listed on 1 site for $425 new. This one isn't new but not a real antique either. I was told a month ago that it was worth $1500 new if bought from the factory but that seems a little steep with the new info.

Thanks again, now I'm off to the lake for the weekend with some extended family. I'm sure I'll drink some Budweiser but I'll bring along some of my Octane IPA to show them what real, good beer is all about. :)

Back