What is a "Karen"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor_8thMan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We only have 26 characters in our alphabet. We're told not to use the "R" word, the "N" word, the "F" word, the "C" word, etc. Fu*k that BS. What will be left? Maybe "A" and "E" before these too become forbidden?

However, I've recently become aware of others calling folks "Karen". I even saw a "Karen" Halloween mask.

I know I'm old and remember when limp wristed individuals were called "Nancy", but what is a "Karen"?

It is a stereotypical name associated with rude, insufferable middle-aged white women. Kind of a mutated subspecies of a Soccer Mom. If you are really into depravity, you can search youtube for "Karen Freakout" for a firsthand glimpse into the insanity... Hope this helps!

I don't think there's any age cut-off wrt qualifying for "Karen" status.
All it takes is an insufferable sense of self-entitlement and an over-the-top willingness to express same to anyone within earshot when triggered.

Interestingly, the Census Bureau in their annual list of popular child names said "Karen" has plummeted...

If your wife is white and someone calls her a Karen, does she get to lose her sh*t and act like a Karen because of the racist insult?

Of course, if a man acted like that nobody would feel the need to make up label for it, he'd get away with it as just a personality trait. Sexism in a nut shell.

Disagree. This type of behavior, from a man, would get him labeled a whiny little B.

While agree with you that assertiveness from a man and assertiveness from a woman are often treated very differently by society, being a "Karen" isn't being assertive. It's being an entitled brat.

Disagree. This type of behavior, from a man, would get him labeled a whiny little B.

While agree with you that assertiveness from a man and assertiveness from a woman are often treated very differently by society, being a "Karen" isn't being assertive. It's being an entitled brat.
Nicely mansplained :D

Its time to choose a side @bracconiere You can’t stir the pot while wearing flannel and a man bun

i have chosen the closest thing i can to a side..."you guys" at least you talk smack about InBev....i have yet to meet, or find a forum, where i can talk smack about dope cooks, and drug lords.....Sciencemadness is the closest i've come across....and from what i saw they were no where near as helpful....(i did get a good idea from one of them saying it couldn't be that easy though, like my brewing style! ;))

This thread is locked.

For future reference, we as the Admin/Mod team consider inappropriate use of the "R-word" to be a slur.

We also do not allow political discussion outside of the Debate section/subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back