What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stewarded this past weekend at the NHC judging event at Singlecut Brewery in Queens, NY. A lot of fun and a great bunch of people. Shout out to Chris Cuzme for organizing and Singlecut for providing space.

image.jpg

I stewarded this past weekend at the NHC judging event at Singlecut Brewery in Queens, NY. A lot of fun and a great bunch of people. Shout out to Chris Cuzme for organizing and Singlecut for providing space.

I hope you handled my beers well

I did enter a BDSA - damn you!

You're safe.

Per BJCP 2015, Belgian Dark Strong Ale is now in category 26 "Trappist" (go figure). I was stewarding 25c Belgian Golden Strong.

I'll get ya next time.

I built a wooden shelf from deck boards and 2x4(s) in my keg fridge. The glass shelves and plastic rails weren't built for two full kegs.

I hooked a ITC-310T up to a freezer I picked up off CL last week and **SHAZAAM** ! .... I gots me a fermentation chamber! At this very moment I'm cold cashing a Fizzy Yellow Beer and getting a feel for the newest addition to my brewery. :)

I purged a bunch of co2 out of a keg that was pouring foamy. Then i realized I purged the wrong keg. Doh!

I went up to the Stony Creek Brewery in Branford, CT and got a tour of the place from the president. What an awesome place, and an awesome bunch of folks.

I went up to the Stony Creek Brewery in Branford, CT and got a tour of the place from the president. What an awesome place, and an awesome bunch of folks.

I really like their. Big cranky dipa. Very underrated which is a great thing raise you can actually find it in stores.

Put a 1x4 on my keezer and reworked my faucets so I could put some tap handles on. They were given to me a while ago, but due to the way I constructed my collar, they wouldn't work. With the angle of the handles they would hit the lid before the faucet was completely off.

Then I kegged an oatmeal stout and set it at 35 psi. I'll turn it down to serving pressure after 24 hours.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458941625.453096.jpg

Checked the FG on my 'Gooder Than Guinness' and liked the number so decided to bottle it..Got 47 bottles from the 5G batch..Why bottle when I have started kegging? Wanted to try a new method of bottling- using a priming sugar solution..Will see what the outcome is like in about 2 weeks..;)

Gooder than Guinness FG.jpg

Transferred my White IPA from secondary to kegs. Cleaned the carboys & transfer equipment.
I also weighed out the grain for an APA I'll brew Tuesday. I'll mill the grain Tuesday AM.

Did some cleaning & straightening around the man cave/brewery yesterday. A lil more this morning to come. Son is supposed to show up with his fiance, so cleaned up some clutter.

Kegged and bottled a batch of different blonde with a 5th or 6th generation yeast that brought it down to 10.06 Yikes but it is dry with very little aftertaste sorta like a lager. I picked the yeast in the trash now I am questioning that decision? :mug:

Ran my climbing lines for the hops beds. All prepped now I'm gonna be anxious for the rhizomes to arrive...every day...

I literally just dumped 3 oz of hops in for a dry-hop addition into my latest 2.5G batch, a red rye IPA. Half an ounce of Columbus, an ounce of Nelson, and 1.5oz of Mosaic - I am going for fruity & dank for this dry-hop addition.

Bottled my 3rd batch of Home brew, a coffee porter made from a Brewer's Best Pumpkin Spice Porter, without the pumpkin spice and instead dry hopped with whole coffee beans and 1oz of Northern Brewer for 10 days. Drank half a bottle that was left, nice coffee flavor on the back end of the beer. First of my 3 home brews that really tasted nice un-carbonated on bottling day.

Kegged a rye IPA, my first time kegging! And the empty fermentor was just begging to be filled, so I made a red IPA.

Pretty busy last two days of "not brewing". I cleaned and organized my beer closest. Cleaned a bunch of bottles. Organized my bottles (yes, they are all now sorted by type now!), bought ingredients for my next beer (a pils), gravity tested my hefe, and cleaned a spent keg. I'll bottle later this week and the first brew day will hopefully come this weekend.

Wooo!!! After about a month and a half delay, I've finally been able to pick up grain for a 5.5 gallon batch of ESB I'm going to brew this weekend!

Back