What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26 stitch ipa came in just shy of 1.055 at 1.051 with right on the money 5 gals pretty happy, it's nice having all the right equipment

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388461296.048267.jpg
Hydro sample tasty

Just got done scrubbing 36 dirty bottles. Darn dark grain trub is sticky. Def time for a vanilla porter to start the evening. Bottle tree is just about full,& that cold water has my hands about frozen. But it's a good thing.:mug:

Just got done scrubbing 36 dirty bottles. Darn dark grain trub is sticky. Def time for a vanilla porter to start the evening. Bottle tree is just about full,& that cold water has my hands about frozen. But it's a good thing.:mug:

You are reminding me that i have 120 bottles to de-label this week. Going to be a long Thursday. Might just do half now and half later (also still need 20 more in the next month).

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

You are reminding me that i have 120 bottles to de-label this week. Going to be a long Thursday. Might just do half now and half later (also still need 20 more in the next month).

If you were close I'd give you my squeaky clean bottles... I have 10 + cases

Got grains crushed and hops weighed for brewing tomorrow. Also put together a new mash tun since my old one got ruined while I was trying to install a Coolview thermometer in it. Not ruined per se, since the thermo could still be installed, but the o-ring ripped and since I am brewing tomorrow, I obviously didn't have enough time to order a new high temp o-ring. Maybe I'll order another thermometer when I order a replacement o-ring and turn the old mash tun into a HLT.

If you were close I'd give you my squeaky clean bottles... I have 10 + cases

If appreciate that, removing labels is my last favorite part of brewing.

I still have a big box full of rinsed out plain bottles to delabel. I saved'em for replacements for the full bottles in SA bottles I send out. The ones I scrubbed were from hb drinking. Almost makes me want to keg...almost.

I still have a big box full of rinsed out plain bottles to delabel. I saved'em for replacements for the full bottles in SA bottles I send out. The ones I scrubbed were from hb drinking. Almost makes me want to keg...almost.

I keg, and yet I still have at least 350+ bottles (some full) in my collection. Some beers I bottle, and some I keg. Luckily mine are already de-labeled.

I brewed up my Ultimate Kiwi Red Ale (UKRA) today. It's an imperialized version of my Kiwi Red Ale that I brewed in the fall of '12. Bigger grain bill, obviously, and three different NZ hops; Nelson, Motueka, and Kohatu.

Bought the remaining ingredients for the IPA I'm making tomorrow and the pale ale next week. Also grabbed some brett L that I've decided will funk up half my saison over the next 8 months. And since i have some brett beers going, i bought a need auto siphon, bottle filler, bottling bucket and some hoses.

I keg, and yet I still have at least 350+ bottles (some full) in my collection. Some beers I bottle, and some I keg. Luckily mine are already de-labeled.

Yeah,I've got about that many myself in rotation. the ones that aren't are replacements. I can see kegging the usual ones,but bottling longer term ones.
I've been thinking that it must be nice to just pull a glass without having to remember putting some in the fridge every so often. That's about the only part I don't like about bottling.

I kegged a Belgian Dark and it smells delicious. Fermented it with WLP530 and let it sit for a month. It came in at ~8.5%. I was originally planning on bottling it, but my buddy's birthday is in a few weeks and I thought it would make a nice "party favor" :tank:

Yesterday I bottled an American brown I brewed for my wife, though I can't say I won't be drinking my brewer's share of it in short order. Today I got grains crushed and hops weighed for my first ever BIPA. Excited for this one.

Bottled a delicious-mistake. What started life as an Imperial Amber Ale, turned into something closer to an English IPA. How? Your guess is as good as mine. At any rate, it'll be in the Barley Legal competition in Maryland. Again...a delicious mistake.

Brewed the Northern Brewer Dry Irish Stout extract kit tonight. Plan on letting it age awhile and cracking the first bottle in St Patty's Day. I'll set some aside to age longer too.

I made my first ever batch if beer. A 1 gallon batch of liberty cream ale. Anyone else making this?

Also picked up triple a amber ale to try it.

Kegged the barleywine that I brewed in December, 2012. It's been sitting in a secondary since about January, 2013.

This is the one where I used all Maris Otter and boiled it for 3.5 hours, resulting in a deep reddish amber color. It's gorgeous. Very excited to try this one!

Put the finishing touches on a Belgian Quad recipe. If I brew it within the next couple weeks, I'm hoping to have it ready for my 30th birthday in July. :ban:

Maybe if I get off the computer and put away the Christmas decorations, I can get my chocolate chili stout bottled today.

De-labeled and cleaned a Homer bucket of bottles; then I filled three Homer buckets with more bottles to de-label (I've been slacking since Thanksgiving :eek: ) Cleaned up my "shipping" department by stuffing two big contractor garbage bags with bubble-wrap, paper and foam peanuts; cut down boxes to take up less space and organized things. Also boxed up a few cases of empties that had been lying around the cellar (but I have many, many, many more to go!) Once I get the cellar in a little bit cleaned up some more I'll have to do an inventory of bottles - I think I have a bunch that I can give away. Finally, boxed up my next trade to go out - it's at 325 ounces right now but I may see if I can sneak in three more bombers! :mug:

Cleaned 2 & 1/2 cases of Corona bottles for my wife's xmas brew present, day 5 in primary and still bubbling away... brew from last night/early this AM went well, was actually -15 c when I cooled the wort in a snow bank. If I only had more primaries I would do another batch tonight, probably the next night too etc...

Racked my Foothills Hoopyum clone to secondary & dry hopped w/ Simcoe, Cascade,& Centennial.
Cleaned out my primary & a keg of OumKing that just kicked.

Brewed 10gal of a 1.155og RIS. Half will be packaged as is, half will get cacao nibs and cold brewed coffee

Began the process of trying to save a friend's plethora of bottled stouts that turned out flat with no carbonation.

Began the process of trying to save a friend's plethora of bottled stouts that turned out flat with no carbonation.

Funk it, funk it, funk it! I would slowly pour the bottles into a bucket that you have put CO2 into (to avoid CO2), then pitch some brett into it and let it go for a few months.

Bottled my Old Slug RCH Porter (recipe from Clone Brews) that had been in primary for about 8 weeks. Sample taste was excellent, slightly more chocolatey than I would like but really looking forward to trying this one carbed up in a few weeks. Was also my smoothest bottling session to date, very very easy.

Introduced a new neighbor to home brewing a couple of weeks ago and delivered him a growler of his inaugural brew.

Took the keg apart that I got from my buddy for 20bucks yesterday now to take it to work drill the holes and cut the top this week

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388946170.642992.jpg

Back