What happened

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkuhns

Reaction score
What happened!!! Is the beer ruined?

1494799661571968218460.jpg

Its probably fine. Looks like you didn't have enough room for the yeast when it started workin. Just clean the airlock and put in back on.

Yes definitely ruined. Please finish fermenting, bottle with priming sugar then ship it to me for disposal!

In all seriousness no it is not ruined please search blowoff tube and use it unless you want to learn a messy lesson next time. You got lucky!
As above poster said clean and sanitize airlock and re-install with new sanitizer if blowoff has finished.

No it's fine you can either clean out the airlock or look into a blow off tube and just rub it from the space the airlock was into a bucket of sanitized water and let it bubble away!

Happens all the time, you have a really active, healthy fermentation. I've got two that just did the same thing. Clean and re-sanitize the airlocks... or rig up blowoff tubes.

And learn to relax... don't always jump on the "is my beer ruined" band wagon, when something appears to go wrong...

Go read this.

Back