What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3556.jpg

Given to me. The worst cigar in existence. Tastes so sweet, it’s unbearable.
IMG_5262.JPG

These guys right here! San Cristobal de la Habana, La Fuerza. With a nice bourbon porter i brewed some time ago were a one way ticket to heaven. The richness of the cigar paired really well with the porter to create a complexity of flavors that is hard to describe. They also go very well with an imperial stout i lazed with Santa Teresa Solera rum. [emoji39]

Attachments

• IMG_7031.JPG
    IMG_7031.JPG
    540 KB · Views: 29
Just dipping my toe in. A friend started smoking cigars as a weekend hobby with his kid. Figured one a week at his age wasn't likely to cause any health issues, LOL!

I'm not sure how much into it I'll get. It's more of a social thing for me. I am looking forward to building my own humidor, though. Good excuse to spend a few hours in the garage with some wood in hand. (TWSS...)

The men in my family all smoked. Weekends and holidays at Grandma's house was a very smoky affair. Always left with a headache and upset stomach. I figured I'd be hooked on tobacco for sure, but even after smoking a bit in high school years, I never much cared for it. I do like sitting around with friends while we smoke. It's nice to just sit and talk.

Gotta practice my smoke rings. I wanna be the first in my group to perfect it.

lol, listening to the news and their playing a cancer story as i type this...but anyway. here's an update, going to be rolling some backwoods here an an hour or so!

100_0477.JPG
100_0478.JPG

the tubs are for re hydrating them so i can roll them...i think i got enough whole leaves for some nice homegrown whole leaf cigars...The perfect thing for first hops additions on brew day!

the leaves are too small to really get too many good cigars but i did get a few! rest is getting shredded for cigarettes....

100_0480.JPG
100_0483.JPG
100_0485.JPG

Sorry for the blur.. Look forward to my next post in this thread with me smoking one of these and dropping a bag of hops into an IPA!

Attachments

• 100_0480.JPG
    100_0480.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 25
and a finish for the effort, just in case 4 cigars was anti-climatic, here's a shot of probably a month and a half of independent chain smoking! LIBERTY!

100_0486.JPG

Gotta practice my smoke rings. I wanna be the first in my group to perfect it.

As a beginner, don't forget that you need to pace yourself. It's real easy to get carried away and draw too often. It causes the cigar to heat up too much, producing a harsh taste. It can also cause you to absorb so much nicotine that you will get sick. It's called hotboxing and practicing smoke rings is a good way to do it.

I guarantee that getting too much nicotine is a REAL uncomfortable experience.

Back