What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd.jpg
1 of the grinders is a "PICKER" and found this KILLER smoking chair on a pick. Bought it and gave it to Todd as the first piece of furniture for the new house. Todd and his wife plan on rebuilding the house!

View attachment 583689

This is just 1 of the guys in our Grindstone club that lost his home. Sunday we had a HUGE BBQ at his burned up house. Kind of a long story but a great one!

Todd grew up in the house and then got the house from his dad when he passed away. He and his wife absolutely LOVED the house! Back when Todd's dad was alive, every Monday evening all the guys in the neighborhood would get together at this house and have "TRASH DAY" it was just an excuse to get together and get "trashed"! Ok so fast forward 10 years. Todd is a member of our "GRINDSTONE CLUB" its our cigar club. Come to find out there are 4 other "Grinders" in his neighborhood so once a month on their trash pick up day they would all get together smoke cigars and just hang resurrecting "TRASH DAY". So about 3 weeks ago Todd's house burned to the ground in the "CARR FIRE" Well Todd wanted to do 1 last "TRASH DAY" at his house so I jumped in an suggested a big ass BBQ with all the Grinders and our Gem Stones (our wives) well that is exactly what we did! 1 BIG ASS BBQ with a LOT of us Grinders. That box I was able to present to him outside his burned up house was AWESOME! I brought Todd to tears that you guys, people he doesn't know would be so giving and thoughtful! I have to give a HUGE shout out to all the folks at CheapHumidors.com they sent me 8 yes 8! Humidors for my friends and people in this community that lost all their stash! Boveda! Boveda sent me a 100 pack box of 69% packs AND like 20 or 30 1 year storage bags! So all the guys I pack humidors for wont need to buy packs for probably a year! How totally killer is that? Then you guys that all sent and are sending sticks that are in route! I am totally blown away with this community! The HBT cigar community is totally a 1 of a kind group! @Sprouthog I honestly think you started me on this amazing journey and brother It's a deep rabbit hole but I am glad to have my hand in it!
I have 5 close friends that have lost all their stuff or were displaced destroyed and/or affected by this devastating fire. So together we are working on making their air smell a whole lot better!

Again you guys I cannot thank you enough!

Cheers
Jay

This is awesome Jay! Thank you for doing this for these folks.

View attachment 583689

This is just 1 of the guys in our Grindstone club that lost his home. Sunday we had a HUGE BBQ at his burned up house. Kind of a long story but a great one!

Todd grew up in the house and then got the house from his dad when he passed away. He and his wife absolutely LOVED the house! Back when Todd's dad was alive, every Monday evening all the guys in the neighborhood would get together at this house and have "TRASH DAY" it was just an excuse to get together and get "trashed"! Ok so fast forward 10 years. Todd is a member of our "GRINDSTONE CLUB" its our cigar club. Come to find out there are 4 other "Grinders" in his neighborhood so once a month on their trash pick up day they would all get together smoke cigars and just hang resurrecting "TRASH DAY". So about 3 weeks ago Todd's house burned to the ground in the "CARR FIRE" Well Todd wanted to do 1 last "TRASH DAY" at his house so I jumped in an suggested a big ass BBQ with all the Grinders and our Gem Stones (our wives) well that is exactly what we did! 1 BIG ASS BBQ with a LOT of us Grinders. That box I was able to present to him outside his burned up house was AWESOME! I brought Todd to tears that you guys, people he doesn't know would be so giving and thoughtful! I have to give a HUGE shout out to all the folks at CheapHumidors.com they sent me 8 yes 8! Humidors for my friends and people in this community that lost all their stash! Boveda! Boveda sent me a 100 pack box of 69% packs AND like 20 or 30 1 year storage bags! So all the guys I pack humidors for wont need to buy packs for probably a year! How totally killer is that? Then you guys that all sent and are sending sticks that are in route! I am totally blown away with this community! The HBT cigar community is totally a 1 of a kind group! @Sprouthog I honestly think you started me on this amazing journey and brother It's a deep rabbit hole but I am glad to have my hand in it!
I have 5 close friends that have lost all their stuff or were displaced destroyed and/or affected by this devastating fire. So together we are working on making their air smell a whole lot better!

Again you guys I cannot thank you enough!

Cheers
Jay

Amazing story and an equally amazing community

View attachment 583690 1 of the grinders is a "PICKER" and found this KILLER smoking chair on a pick. Bought it and gave it to Todd as the first piece of furniture for the new house. Todd and his wife plan on rebuilding the house!

Not sure if you know, but that looks to be a very nice knock off (maybe a real one?) of an Eames Lounge Chair. It's my dream chair. Knock off or real, it's probably the most manly yet delicate chair ever produced.

You know, I've viewed this thread from afar but I've stayed out of it because I know you all will make me want to smoke more expensive cigars. But dang it...seeing that chair, I just had to say something!

Not sure if you know, but that looks to be a very nice knock off (maybe a real one?) of an Eames Lounge Chair. It's my dream chair. Knock off or real, it's probably the most manly yet delicate chair ever produced.

You know, I've viewed this thread from afar but I've stayed out of it because I know you all will make me want to smoke more expensive cigars. But dang it...seeing that chair, I just had to say something!

Never pay retail.

Punch was the first cigar I ever had. At the time it was too much for me. It burnt my tongue and made me dizzy. I’ve just now come back to it and I love it. It’s a great everyday cigar. Also this Guinness pairs great. It should be called an Imperial Guinness because it’s basically double a regular Guinness.
IMG_1380.jpg

Latest posts

Back