What happened? Beer still in keg, not coming out of faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblybob

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK so admittedly there’s not a lot of beer in the keg but it blew last night and I have no beer in the fridge as a back up :-(

it was my first time using a floating dip tube, I pulled it out put the regular dip tube in it cranked up the pressure and still no beer. Filled 2 growlers so I have something to drink.

so what do you think happened and what is the fix? Thanks in advance for any and all help as always, Bob

Yep, this happened to me too. It is because the silicon hose gets stuck to the side so you will have to get two or three SS washers and put them on where the ball and hose connect this will add enough weight to overcome the hose sticking to the side of the keg. Why they don't fix this is beyond me.

Awesome. But I still have a problem I have the dip tube in the keg and I’m still not getting any delivery to the faucet.... I crank the pressure up to probably at least 30 pounds last night still got nothing

OK so admittedly there’s not a lot of beer in the keg but it blew last night and I have no beer in the fridge as a back up :-(

it was my first time using a floating dip tube, I pulled it out put the regular dip tube in it cranked up the pressure and still no beer. Thanks in advance for any and all help as always, Bob

I'm confused - sounds like your keg is empty. It's a common problem in these parts

Sounds like a poppet or perhaps, if you have a flow control faucet, that it is clogged. Try putting starsan or water in another keg, pressurizing it and hooking it up to see if liquid will come out through the faucet and tubing. If it does, then the dip tube or poppet is clogged.

I have only had it happen once, but had a chunk of lemongrass leaf make it into the keg and it got stuck in the popper and caused the same blockage. Did you have any leaf hops or other additions that may have clogged up the poppet?

Back