What exactly is "prosting"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrummerBoySeth

Reaction score
I know that this question may make me sound like a total noob, but it has been bugging me enough to ask. I have seen the tab at the top of the page that says "prost this thread" and I would like to know what this means/does. I did some internet searching and found that "prost" is a German toast (much like "cheers" to many Americans) and I was wondering if it is similar to agreeing with a post, giving a "thumbs up", or something completely different.

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance on this one! :rolleyes:

Typically here on HBT we don't talk about the "P" word. If you feel compelled to partake in such an activity, you are welcome to do so. But don't say I didn't warn you.

It is the act of massaging the area between ones rectum and scrotum with the intent of relieving the prostate...

Or its an old German toast.

I cant really be sure:ban:

mcwilcr said:
It is the act of massaging the area between ones rectum and scrotum with the intent of relieving the prostate...

Or its an old German toast.

I cant really be sure:ban:

Dammit! Now I have to clean up the Belgian witbier "that shoot out of my mouth" off of my couch. Funniest thing I have heard all day. After a day like I've had, I really needed a good laugh.

BrewScout said:
Dammit! Now I have to clean up the Belgian witbier "that shoot out of my mouth" off of my couch. Funniest thing I have heard all day. After a day like I've had, I really needed a good laugh.

Hahaha. You're doing it wrong!

Back