What does beer look like in the fermenter before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RippinLt

Reaction score
This is a general question, looking for a similar answer. I know different beers will look different ways but put simply, will it look like sediment on bottom, cloudy middle and foamy top? Cloudy/clear middle no foam on top.... I have an American micro style in there now. I wish I did it in a Carboy so I could admire it's different layers and how they change

almost no foam on top - few foam "islands" maybe after disturbing/moving around, clear, bit gassy.

I have tile floors and big glass carboys scare me as I'm afraid that "King The LameHand" in me will come out just when I have that beer almost ready... so glass carboy is a bit of no-no for me :D

2009-12-09180537.jpg

2009-12-09180554.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

You can enjoy some of mine since you don't have your own.

Post up your fermenting carboy thread?

This is not my saying, I saw it in someones signature somewhere on this board...."If it looks like a monkey took a s**t and flung it around inside the carboy...you my friend are on your way to a great beer" Like I said, not my "saying" but I likes it!

i like the gun in the corner! Guess there are beer ninjas at the north pole to guard against ;) Fresh moose burgers go very well with a stout, imho

That's the squirrel slayer 5000. Cheap ass pellet gun, but she knocks em clean off the branch, and I'm a dead-eye at 50 yards with open sights.

Latest posts

Back