What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
I have taken a few ideas that I liked from other peoples labels and incorporated them into mine. I hope you will take it as a compliment rather than an insult if i have used yours. None the less, here she blows. This is my First label for my trappist style dubbel.

ddaablue.jpg

i know. i liked it and dont plan on selling my beer. didnt see any harm in using the jolly roger.

Jah said:
i know. i liked it and dont plan on selling my beer. didnt see any harm in using the jolly roger.

Everyone wants a label that's going to look good on their beer. Some like to create everything on their own, some don't.

I'm with you. You're not making any profit off of their logo, you're not competing with them in anyway so what's the problem?

i really love the look of it. I've got a couple of suggestions. Take them or leave them, it makes no difference to me. What matters is you like your label.

Suggestion 1: Even with the white outline, the blue is kind of hard to read against the black background. It doesn't quite "pop," and it's just a hair too light to be a subtle "don't notice until you're looking" thing.

Suggestion 2: I think that the saying (which rocks, by the way) would look a little better in a dark crimson/bloodish color. Perhaps it just needs to be bigger. I can't decide. While the font itself isnt really "busy," that much text at that size makes it slightly difficult to read. I certainly couldn't read it after a few, anyway.

I lied. I have just a few more suggestions.

Suggestion 3: I love the way that Dunkirker's Dubbeloon rests on top of the green border. That works great. (And i can see that it's centered between the green and the white border.) It doesn't work quite as well with the Abbey Ale, because half the font is "stuck" in the green border. I had to stare at it for a second.

Final Suggestion: Maybe change the background color from black to blue (and then ignore the color suggestions in one and two), with a wavy matte, making it feel like it was on the ocean. That'd make the black flag pop.

Like I said, just a couple of suggestions. Take 'em or leave 'em. I really like the label.

Back