What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B.Sc. Earth Science student. Hoping to become a hydrogeologist after school but I drive cars around for toyota in the summer.

I run a franchise pizza delivery store. Boring, I know.

My hobbies are: Brewing, drinking what I brew, and sleeping. I work 70+ hours a week. My days off to brew are precious.

I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic. I retired due to an injury, so kid's, I'm not as much of an old fart as you might think. I currently drive a tow truck part time.

As for my hobbies, brewing, gardening, and my dogs are it. Even being retired, I don't have much time for anything else.

No, you pretty much are an old fart.

PTN

Electronics technician for the FAA. Licensed Electrical Contractor (1 man shop). Navy/Reserves for 24 years (ETC USNR). 1st post, second time round at brewing.

Grain inspector for the Canadian Gov't and on the Canadian Malt Barley Research and Technical Centre tasting panel. I get paid to drink beer every Friday.:rockin:

I'm a masters student at HEC Montreal (High Commercial Studies in english), doing my masters in management. I work as a consultant part time to pay for my schooling.

I fly a Falcon 2000 for a private flight department.

I pretty much get tired of explaining that, so I tell people I have my own business restoring vintage motorcycles (which I do!). :tank:

*glare*

(this is me hating you)

*GLAAAAAAARE*

J/K :rockin: Nice job!

The only bad part is we have to drink some really crappy experimental beer. I know for sure that peas do not make a good beer, no matter how hard you try.

But a bonus is I get all the grain I could ever think of using.
And the Barley researchers just throw away any unused malt left over after testing.
And I get new varieties of barley that are not going to be available for years to come.

Yes it is a pretty good job.

I'm still a student, but I do research for the Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics at Penn State full time during the summer and part time during the semester. Going all grain after I graduate in December and get an actual job.

Sig says it all. However with the economy being what it is these days alot of tech work and some artist development gets thrown in for good measure.

I steal thermostat instructions to sell on the black market. ;)

Actually, I'm an archaeologist. The sooner you guys die the sooner I can study you :)

I have been an automotive mechanic since 1991, master mechanic status with BMW Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Kia, I currently work for Kia, and I have a small business building performance motors for imports, 500whp STis, 700whp Evos, R33 and R34 Skyline motors, etc.

LGI, please noooo! :D

Hmm, isn't there an identical active thread? B'why? Anyhow, here's my cv in case anyone has a specific need:

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

Just kidding. I am a stamp collector.

You're the Dos Equis guy...AWESOME! :rockin:

I'm a Marketing Executive in Big Pharma and brewing satiates my inner DIY, my inner science geek (no offense to anyone) and my inner desire to create, develop and execute.

I have been an automotive mechanic since 1991, master mechanic status with BMW Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Kia, I currently work for Kia, and I have a small business building performance motors for imports, 500whp STis, 700whp Evos, R33 and R34 Skyline motors, etc.

LGI, please noooo! :D

Sweeeet. Cars are my other hobby...

So, nobody wanted to see it. :(

Here it is anyway. I'm a bit worried about that round bit on the end.

9714.jpg

I've read through both the threads on this subject, and amazingly I didn't see anyone else even close to being in my industry. I'm an accountant for a large multinational firm that manufactures big yellow earthmoving and mining equipment among other things.

caterpillar

I count cards in BlackJack for living. I actualy do, no bull. It's kind of borring, I know, but it puts the food on the table.

Back