What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
engineering/geo tech for an oil and gas company. hopefully going to grad school in the fall for geophysics. waiting on those acceptance letters.

im a printer. i make bread/bakery bags. today i printed 255,000 thomas english muffin bags bags.

I don't know what the **** I'm doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

2nd year Millwright apprentice
2nd year Automotive apprentice (general)
and 8 years in kitchens. (from fine dinging to greasy spoons)

I'd buy a Toyota in a second if I was in the market... Lotsa deals right now.

Public Defender.

Standing up to the man every day and getting paid for it rules.

Plus, I get to wear a suit everyday but not feel like I've "sold out."

Yep, I actually enjoy wearing a suit. I've had judges make fun of me for it.

21 years in the glass business. I'm the chief estimator for a commercial glazing sub-contractor. Mid-to-high rise buildings for the most part (until the economy took a sh*t). Unfortunatley, when the construction market went south it went way south. Being in Dallas we have it better than most of the country but it is still a struggle. I sold my first job of the year last week! At least I still have a job and I get to brew beer a couple of times a month.

Technically, I don't DO anything for a living! Those of you that work provide me with a monthly stipend...since I've been RETIRED for 9.5 months!

Prior to my retirement, I served as a music director at a large Lutheran congregation, working with the children in the Christian Day school as well as the adults involved in the ministry of music.

Since my hands have "made" my living for me, that works out well with brewing! It's a very hand-oriented hobby.

glenn514:mug:

I'm a Radiation Therapist at a Cancer Center. I have absolutely no woodworking, gardening, electrical, or welding skills at all. But I do like to brew and drink beer!

Soon to be graduate without a job. I currently work in a deli. It pays the bills. But that is about all it does. I will be getting my degree in chemistry and it plays a big part in my brewing. I cannot build anything for !#$%.

Valet supervisor for private parties. Meaning, if you have a wedding at a house or country club in the Bay Area, I'll be the guy going "You, park that there."

I work with computers.. Done everything from Aviation Electronics to tech support. I've been the IS Manager for my employer for the last 4 of the 5.5 years I've worked for them.

Not a whole lot for brewing, but I do come from a family with a huge DIY background, so I guess it's natural that I figured I could make things I couldn't get or make them better than I could buy them.

Hey,

Thought I would start a thread about this because I'm always wondering what everyone does for a living. I'm guessing this site brings people from all walks of life. It would be cool to see how you balance work with brewing!

I'll start it off and say I'm a dental student and this hobby couldn't work out any better with my schedule because of the long periods of fermenting and conditioning.

college student with my first real job this summer. A student job but my first real one still. I am an undergraduate research assistant at a small business consulting firms. basically i do a lot of grunt work for the consultants so they can take on more clients. pretty cush job with the most consistent hours i've ever had.

Back