What do I need to use a Pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microphobik

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to build a 100L brewery (about 26 gallons) and assume I'll want pumps to move the liquid around. I have zero experience with pumps and am not 100% clear what I need. The pump obviously, but what else is needed? Is it just hoses? What kind of hoses do I need for moving hot liquid around?

If you have any product suggestions I'd love to hear them. Links would be great as well. I want to make sure I don't go and order everything only to find out I forgot some crucial valve or something.

Thanks in advance.

I use a pump and I just got high temperature hoses from Home Depot. The downside is they do loosen up after a few uses when they get hot so I use special clamps to keep them tight on the spigots. It's cheap enough so you can buy a lot of it and just replace as needed.

I use a pump and I just got high temperature hoses from Home Depot. The downside is they do loosen up after a few uses when they get hot so I use special clamps to keep them tight on the spigots. It's cheap enough so you can buy a lot of it and just replace as needed.

Thanks, is that food grade?

So are hoses all that is needed? No special valves, couplers, etc? I've tried searching various homebrew sites but all I find is the standard siphon tubing. Is there any particular commercial hose made just for homebrew?

It can get pricey, but you may want to get some quick connect fittings in order to put the hoses on and off easily.

Ya sorry my husband bought the set up as a gift. He said he had to buy the ball valves too. He got them at Home Depot too. Nation wide Home Depot has led free copper fittings. So it's all food grade

Latest posts

Back