What did you score at the beer shop today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max384

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So there's what are you drinking now, what came in the mail for you today, who's brewing this weekend, what did you do for beer today, etc. threads, but nothing for the day's beer scores? Well, we have to remedy this!

Today I picked up some goodies at the local craft brew mecca, Sabitini's.

I was shopping mostly for German beers, but picked up some Hopslam also, since they had it in stock.

20170214_202804-X2.jpg

Would be so easy for me to get a haul that size from the beverage 'warehouse' in Savannah..And it practically is a warehouse! The craft/imported beer section is like 3 60 foot long aisles! Arranged alphabetically by the beer company name..Of course they also have the BMC aisles as well..Then there is the 5 or 6 aisles for the booze and like number of aisles for the wine..Nirvana? No, BEERVANA! :ban:

Todays purchase for the "home brewery"which hasn't brewed anything but 2 Mr Beers...but I'm escalating quickly to actual brewing.
20 ft of 3/8 tubing
copper 3/8 coil for wort chiller
a Brewmometer
1/4 to 1/2 adapter bushing for the brewmometer...(still wondering why it came with 1/4 and not 1/2"nfpt?)
6 kinds of small bag orphan malt grains from their bucket.
-Gambrinus honey malt - intense sweetness/honey flavor, 8oz
-Schill Malz Vienna malt- strong light beer,5oz
-Weyermann Vienna malt -golden smooth color ,5.6 oz
-Weyermann Melanoidin malt- adds fullness to beer adds red color ,8oz
-Breiss organic 2-row malt- clean ,sweet ,malty, 7oz( adding to the 8 oz I had already bought )
and
-Avangard dark munich .4 lbs

I'm hoping that once I have a brew or few under my belt ,I can start to develop or tweak a recipe with these.
I liked the description of each and what they will bring to the beer table. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed . Anyone care to share any small batch recipes they might have done using any combination of these? Or a hops suggestion that would go with what I'm going for as a German/Vienna style. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself buying these up but this is quite exciting .
I'm standing on the ledge , don't try to talk me down.

Back