What did you drink when the Ball Dropped 2018 12:01am

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a 12 pack of miller high life for last night. Drank that all night. I surprised myself and didn't do any shots of fireball this year!

Belgian IPA!

I love Belgians, but kinda have lost the IPA taste, so a Belgian IPA was all I needed.

I was sound asleep, but I did have a Bell's Winter White earlier.

I was sound asleep by 10:30! Prior to that I had a Miller Lilte. Don't tell me I don't know how to party!!

A few drams of this. Not bad for a blend.

vatted_mon1.jpg

Ha- I was in bed and asleep for an hour or so.
Previously in the evening, I had an Altbier and a Tropical Stout while cooking our traditional Chinese, then Mai tais with dinner. No wonder we went to bed early- those mai tais had 3 shots light rum, 3 shots dark rum, 2 shots amaretto, 1 shot of triple sec, and juice of 3 limes. That was for 2 (fairly big) drinks.

I went out earlier and had some fancy pants beers at a tap room... Came home drank home brew outta the keezer and watched those stupid end of the year shows. I passed out early.

I had drank a Hefewizen, but that was at 8pm then I went to bed.

422CFF68-C50E-4D33-A7C9-94A9AA18C8DA.jpeg

I have had Dom Perignon before which is supposed to use Grand Cru blends, but I think that the large number of bottles going out the door due to the sale at Total Wine and More lent for a fresher Champagne. For sure, this Champagne is living proof that marketing can make something taste better. In fairness the Champagne wasn’t noticeably bad as some Champagnes I’ve had. But as usual, the second bottle tasted bette. I did very much enjoy the flavor of both the bottles.

Martini and Rossi Asti spumante opened via the cracking method using my heavy santoku knife. Crappy champagne, but tradition.

I'm old, was sleeping. But I brewed a Denogginizer clone on new year's Eve. Hoping it turns out great!

Sparkling grape juice. I have a cold & sore throat, so I don't want anything to interact with cold meds. Plus we have a 9-month-old son and so my wife is still off the booze so she likes sparkling grape juice.

Back