What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something is amiss...

20191031_171016.jpg

20191102_085207.jpg
cremebrulee.JPG
Made a milk chocolate stout creme brulee. Got the rundown from BasicBrewing but tweaked the recipe a bit. Used whole leaf Cascade, chocolate malt, and debittered black. Came out fantastic! Plus I got to play with fire! WIN!! Goes great with a chocolate stout/porter or a french ale.

photo.php

Cooling weather means the shops are full of gourds!

Butternut squash soup is SO good - cook it you must. According to my wife, who asked me to make it, it's healthful too.

Butternut squash soup is made from only a few ingredients: squash, an onion, chicken stock, and a pinch of nutmeg tossed into the bowl to remind you of the holidays. Key is to puree well - after cooking together, I used food processor to puree chunks of cooked squash and immersion blender for the broth, then recombined. Make sure to serve with homebrew Octoberfest :)

Recipe here: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/butternut-squash-soup-recipe1-1957751

Looks good! I like to add coconut cream or coconut milk. If I have time, I'll grill the squash & hit it with a bit of smoke, it adds a nice bit of extra savory & smoky goodness. Also, if you grill/roast it, it's easily scooped from the shell with a spoon.
Regards, GF.

Last edited:
I’m hardly one to give advice on pizza. Just a novice. But I’ve pretty much go this New York style dialed in with my oven and am always ready to help anybody in anyway I can. And of course you! Dough last night was just amazing! Both flavor and the fact that you could throw it and stretch it under its own weight. First time I have achieved that. And I have the cooking process dialed in for my oven using the 3/8” pizza steel in a 550F Max oven. I’m going to tackle the cracker crust pizza inn style next, and I have a pan to do Chicago deep dish as well. I worked at Shakey’s pizza in Dallas as a kid. Spent a week in Chicago last summer and got to eat some Chicago style pies. That lead me to Realdeepdish.com, and ultimately found Pizzamaking.com. Then I started shopping, which is my nature for any new hobby!! Lol

Hey, are you guys moonlighting on other forums! Jk, I have literally no presence online other than here, haha, lucky you all get to put up with me and no one else :)

Love a dinner like this. Homemade taglionli with homemade sauce from garden. Boiled down tomatoes with evoo and onion and garden oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley. A little sugar, salt, and dang it, wish I remembered how I made it. I think I posted it before, need to find that. Whipped up some breadsticks. I used broil to preheat the oven quickly and in my typical lazy way, rolled out the dough between two sheets of parchment, no mess and no fuss. Throw away top sheet and buttered before and after. The pasta, dang, I am really falling in love with it. Haha, havent forgot about the butterfly flowers, come to think of it, it is a good Christmas idea gift for the fam. Also want the tortilla press.

Also folded some airplanes with the kids, adding pics in hope to bring up some sweet nostalgia memories of you and your young ones if they are grown, gosh, feels like it won't be long till mine are out of the house.
Screenshot_20191106-200830_Gallery.jpeg
20191106_182601.jpeg
20191106_195531.jpeg
20191106_195459.jpeg

Hey, are you guys moonlighting on other forums! Jk, I have literally no presence online other than here, haha, lucky you all get to put up with me and no one else :)

Love a dinner like this. Homemade taglionli with homemade sauce from garden. Boiled down tomatoes with evoo and onion and garden oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley. A little sugar, salt, and dang it, wish I remembered how I made it. I think I posted it before, need to find that. Whipped up some breadsticks. I used broil to preheat the oven quickly and in my typical lazy way, rolled out the dough between two sheets of parchment, no mess and no fuss. Throw away top sheet and buttered before and after. The pasta, dang, I am really falling in love with it. Haha, havent forgot about the butterfly flowers, come to think of it, it is a good Christmas idea gift for the fam. Also want the tortilla press.

Also folded some airplanes with the kids, adding pics in hope to bring up some sweet nostalgia memories of you and your young ones if they are grown, gosh, feels like it won't be long till mine are out of the house.View attachment 651548View attachment 651549View attachment 651550View attachment 651551

Food looks fantastic! And I have been making that plane since Jr. High :)

Also folded some airplanes with the kids, adding pics in hope to bring up some sweet nostalgia memories of you and your young ones if they are grown, gosh, feels like it won't be long till mine are out of the house.
My favorite paper airplane is the Ring Wing!
ringwing-640x350.jpg

Last nights long fermented pizza.
View attachment 651440

Looks great. I saw some of your posts over at pizzamaking.com. I'm going to be hitting you up for some advice soon - almost cool weather here, time for pizza!

Hey, are you guys moonlighting on other forums! Jk, I have literally no presence online other than here, haha, lucky you all get to put up with me and no one else :)<snip>

I tried to sign up for pizzamaking.com last night and, sadly, my application has been denied. I guess I won't be able to learn and share over there... I guess I'll keep to where I'm accepted, over on the Home Made Pizza thread.

I tried to sign up for pizzamaking.com last night and, sadly, my application has been denied. I guess I won't be able to learn and share over there... I guess I'll keep to where I'm accepted, over on the Home Made Pizza thread.

If you ever go looking for your heart's desire again, don't look any further than your own back yard. Because if it isn't here at HBT, you didn't need it anyway… there's no place like home.

Also folded some airplanes with the kids, adding pics in hope to bring up some sweet nostalgia memories of you and your young ones if they are grown, gosh, feels like it won't be long till mine are out of the house.View attachment 651548View attachment 651549View attachment 651550View attachment 651551
I use to make those planes when I was a kid. I would also take two of Mom's bobby pins and make landing gears. I tried making one about a year ago and it took me a while. Thank for the memories.

What did you do to be denied, insult the pizza God?

I don't know. I answered all of their silly questions honestly. Maybe with a little humor. Maybe that was the problem. Oh well. What's the old saying? "I don't want to be part of a group that would have me as a member"

(I sent an email asking why I was denied. I'll post back here if/when I hear anything.)

It goes fast with the kids, but sometimes they come back.

Back