What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one but it's rectangular.So great for asparagus and green onions.No more" through the grates dammit!"

It's got a long handle and makes grilling 50 pieces of asparagus a real easy task. Ever try to grill asparagus before?

I do asparagus all the time. I like this basket. I can throw all sorts of stuff in there.

_mg_8347-62860.jpg

It should also make for easier flipping of things that are hard to maeuver.

Yes, it is adjustable and has 3 different thickness levels for between the grates.

I like it better than my fish baskets because they are so long that I can't fit two of them on my grill.

Passed; I also have the square basket.I like to grill what I call Italian veggies.Chicken breast strips,chopped bell peppers,sweet onions ,and mushrooms all marinated in Italian dressing.Throw in some cherry tomatoes towards the end and serve over white rice with a little warmed dressing on top .Mushrooms grilled with Italian dressing should be illegal.

Eggplant Lasagna. My wife doesn't do pasta or meat. The sliced eggplant, once fried, was just like sheet pasta. Sauteed mushrooms for the meatiness. Whole family loved it.

I forgot to add the spinach to it (found it in the microwave the next morning... oops, anyone ever do that?)

_mg_9890-65465.jpg

_mg_9892-65466.jpg

_mg_9893-65467.jpg

_mg_9894-65468.jpg

_mg_9895-65469.jpg

Eggplant Lasagna. My wife doesn't do pasta or meat. The sliced eggplant, once fried, was just like sheet pasta. Sauteed mushrooms for the meatiness. Whole family loved it.

I forgot to add the spinach to it (found it in the microwave the next morning... oops, anyone ever do that?)

_mg_9890-65465.jpg

_mg_9892-65466.jpg

_mg_9893-65467.jpg

_mg_9894-65468.jpg

_mg_9895-65469.jpg

Depends on how much I have been drinking. Looks great.

Looks really good.Saturday I nuked a glass of water,took it out and put some Rhodes roll in to rise . Swmbo found it a day later. Put it in the fridge for two days,and just took it out made a a loaf and baked it .It really smelled fermented .Will either be good or you won't hear from me again. Not sure.

_mg_9890-65465.jpg

_mg_9892-65466.jpg

_mg_9893-65467.jpg

_mg_9894-65468.jpg

_mg_9895-65469.jpg
PP, that look delicious! Spinach or not and yes these things happen, If the microwave's not humming it's quickly forgotten;)
Looks really good.Saturday I nuked a glass of water,took it out and put some Rhodes roll in to rise . Swmbo found it a day later. Put it in the fridge for two days,and just took it out made a a loaf and baked it .It really smelled fermented .Will either be good or you won't hear from me again. Not sure.
You'll be back and probably raving about how good it was:D

Can't tell you how many times my kids have called out "Daaaaad!!! You left your coffee in the microwave again!". :eek:

It's got a long handle and makes grilling 50 pieces of asparagus a real easy task. Ever try to grill asparagus before?

Ah, I didn't see the handle & the google search for the term "grilsteri" was inconclusive at best. I use something sort of similar for asparagus, whole sardines, etc...
Looks like this:

grillbasket1.jpg

_mg_9890-65465.jpg

_mg_9892-65466.jpg

_mg_9893-65467.jpg

_mg_9894-65468.jpg

_mg_9895-65469.jpg

That looks soooo tasty! The no pasta thing really appeals to me, care to share the recipe?
Regards, GF.

Ah, I didn't see the handle & the google search for the term "grilsteri" was inconclusive at best. I use something sort of similar for asparagus, whole sardines, etc...
Looks like this:

Yeah, it looks like this:

2_232798-571x232.jpeg

The nice thing about it is that it is two separate pieces with a triple-position hinge on the back side so you can adjust it for the thickness of whatever you are cooking.

That looks soooo tasty! The no pasta thing really appeals to me, care to share the recipe?
Regards, GF.

My wife cut this out of a magazine and asked me to make it. It's a recipe from the family of Jon Bonjovi (haha, for real). I'll scan and post. It tastes great, you won't be disappointed if you give it a shot.

Eggplant Lasagna.jpg

My wife cut this out of a magazine and asked me to make it. It's a recipe from the family of Jon Bonjovi (haha, for real). I'll scan and post. It tastes great, you won't be disappointed if you give it a shot.

Awesome! I'm printing it out now. I'll defineately give this a try, maybe this weekend. Thanks Passed! :mug:
Regards, GF.

What does this mean? It's like trying to figure out that math problem from Good Will Hunting...

No pasta, meat, or alcohol? :( Did she start off this way or was it a slow evolution?

She's a fitness nut. Gym daily. Been that way most of her life (starting with the aerobics craze / Jane Fonda in the 80's).

She will eat meat. But nothing ground, no beef. Chicken / pork is OK, but not often. Fish is her thing. She's pretty strict about the pasta / breads. Re: drinking, she just doesn't like it. She likes tea. She also won't touch a soda, ever. Not sure why. Something about the CO2 making her feel bloated.

She's a fitness nut. Gym daily. Been that way most of her life (starting with the aerobics craze / Jane Fonda in the 80's).

She will eat meat. But nothing ground, no beef. Chicken / pork is OK, but not often. Fish is her thing. She's pretty strict about the pasta / breads. Re: drinking, she just doesn't like it. She likes tea. She also won't touch a soda, ever. Not sure why. Something about the CO2 making her feel bloated.

That's not so bad... fish can totally work! We all like what we like and that's that.

Just seems odd to me. I eat pretty much anything and everything. Some things I try to eat in moderation, or very little, but I don't rule out anything (Except coconut.)

(Oh and okra...)

Just seems odd to me. I eat pretty much anything and everything. Some things I try to eat in moderation, or very little, but I don't rule out anything (Except coconut.)

(Oh and okra...)

have you tried any of Creamy's mead?
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=362191
Sorry, but it has been 6 months since this thread has been resurrected and its too much of a gem for @CreamyGoodness to live down.

And the highlight of the thread, the tasting video for those who dont want to read the whole thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will cook again soon I hope

That looks exactly like the stove we bought. I can't tell exactly because I can't see the burners. We got one with 4 round burners and a long center "griddle" burner.

I love that stove!

(Except the burner grates have rubber bumpers on their bottoms to prevent scratching and some of them fell out and disappeared. Cost $11 to get a package of them...)

This is from a weekend last fall. Cooked up the freshest kokanee salmon you can get. Here are pics from start to finish. Sort of a "grain to glass" for my food. Now how many people know where the food they eat comes from at this level? Also, the carrots and potatos came from my garden, and a nice glass of barrel aged oat stout to compliment everything.

Not sure why the pics downloaded backwards, lol

WP_20150215_001.jpg

WP_20150324_001.jpg

WP_20150322_009.jpg

WP_20150227_002.jpg

I'm curious to see what cabinetry fashion is the rage in Finland!

Just sayin' man, it ain't the dark wood with simplified king louis lines. Not trying to shame anybody, but just surprised that most of you still go for that dark, curvy stuff.

I'm just busting your balls a bit. We have light oak cabinets and I can't honestly recall the 'lines' but I bet it's probably the standard arched design.

Modern designs generally mean an upgrade in materials and price.

Latest posts

Back