What "crap beer" do you secretly enjoy ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mickey's - if tasting something can remind me of being a teenager and king if the world, Mickey's will do it every time.

Man, I remember I went through this kick in college where I bought nothing but Mickey's, Olde E, Colt 45, etc...and thought, what the hell have I been doing drinking crap beer like BMC! I actually think they were my "gateway" into craft beer, because I thought they had so much more "flavor"! Looking back, "flavor" should probably be loosely construed, but, hey...don't hate! I have respect for these superior crap beers!

Also... I hated beer in in high school (not that I should have liked it anyways, but I preferred cheap bourbon...). The first beer I truly thought was delicious (still 17 yrs old) was at a party with a keg of Shiner Bock. Liquid candy at the time. Fast forward almost almost 15 years later...and that stuff literally tastes like candy to me...in a too-sweet to drink more than 1 kind of way. I used to think that beer was where it's at! Great for beer-bread, though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I guess if we're talking current-day times, I will happily down any BMC type of beer (Yuengling during my 3 year stent living in Orlando) on a hot TX summer day. I actually prefer, of all things, Michelob Ultra...as it tastes the most like carbonated water and is quite the thirst quencher. That and my dad and father and law are vocally disappointed if all I have in my fridge is "crap" (translate = "name your favorite craft beer") in the fridge and nothing as "good" as a nice cold mega-company American lager.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

PBR all the way! $16/30. You can't beat it!

On a hot summer day, an ice cold Bud Light Lime goes down real easy :) Maybe 2 or 3... ;)

My secret summer beer that I enjoy the hell out of is lienkugels Summer Shandy in cans.

It's great out on the golf course and when you're grilling during the dog days of summer.

Summer shandy is pretty decent store bought beer. If I can find bush signature copper thAts a good crap beer.

I also like to take fresh hops and do a one minute boil and add to a no flavor beers like keystone and. It's not to bad like that. I still get a headache from drinking it, but it makes it palatable.

I can't say there's any "crap beer" that I enjoy. Years ago I almost exclusively drank Michelob Ultra until a friend introduced me to Chimay Grande Reserve. I never looked back. That's what started my quest to find great tasting beer and eventually led me to homebrewing.

On a hot, summer, 105*, day at the flea market they have ice cold PBR on tap in golf carts that roam the parking lot.

I just follow that cart around.

PBR and swill. When it's a hot summer day and I'm mowing the lawn or BBQing and I want to get a small buzz but just am not in the mood for a complex tasting beer I'll get some PRB. Also getting a 40 of something when I'm broke and just want to get drunk that'll do. Though now that I've found a new job, started homebrewing, and need to cut back on drinking there's really no need to drink cheap beer. Unless I'm at a buddies house and they offer me something. Bud light or keystone I don't care. I won't drink a 30 rack with you but I for sure won't turn down a few.

Back