What could be wrong with my C02 System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzuidema

Reaction score
I've gone through 2 full Co2 tanks on about 4 gallons of beer. After the first tank I switched to a new regulator and thought that would solve the problem. this is not the first time my C02 tank runs out fast.

I need help as to what is could be.

You got a leak my friend. Start from replacing all the gaskets and O-rings with new ones and use the lube. Change the gasket in-between the tank and the regulator as well.

It's a brand new regulator and the gasket between the tank and reg is new. I'm not sure what other gastkets and o-rings you are refering to. What do you mean by using lube? Sorry but I'm obviously new at this

I'd start with spraying star-san mixture (or any soapy mixture) on the connections. If it's not the regulator leaking, or those connections, it's the keg. The kegs have lots of o-rings, and they can leak around them. Spray star-san around every opening- the posts, the lid, etc, until you find your leak.

Back