What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tavour has landed safely
20190708_132242.jpeg

I love it when my supplies are delivered.

I got my order from Austin Homebrew!! Today's delivery was the grain bill for a kind of Yuengling clone but made as an ale, order complete with yeast and hops.
I have never brewed it before so that will be new.

Got 3 lbs of Extra Pale DME to replenish stock, and a new bottle filler.

Just like Christmas!!
After having read and mastered "how to make beers that are mediocre at best" i just ordered the sequil "Designing Great Beers", which will arrive today...

Attachments

• designing great beers.PNG
    designing great beers.PNG
    205.3 KB · Views: 49
Wow! I've been summoned so many times I can't count. I was finally picked and was in the jury box when the plaintiff came in reeking of marijuana. He was arrested and the case against the defendant was dropped. What a dummy.

LMAO That is hilarious! I wish I could have seen that! In his defense though, he was probably just at a party where others were smoking and he was suffering from second hand smoke aroma, and also, he probably didn't inhale! ha ha ha

Sack of base malt.
kg of acid malt
Reconditioned keg (currently soaking in oxi) and spunding valve for kegmenter
Cleaning stuff
Azzacca and Mosaic hops for a NEIPA
All grain whisky recipe kit.

Yesterday two vials of cooked yeast from the vault. UGH. The package smelled like raw bread dough when I opened it, calling whitelabs on Monday.

Nylon tea bags.
I want to experiment with dry hopping some session beers in the growler i'm taking camping.
Their ok now but I brewed them in the spring and they have faded a little.
they are also in the back of the keggorator and I don't want to move the kegs around cause then it stirs stuff up.

An igloo 120 quart cooler, an 8 foot braided stainless hose (guess what I'm making!), and 25 pounds of Maris Otter.
IMG_20190722_155022461_HDR.jpg

Still waiting for a valve, thermometer, and some fittings/hardware.

Yesterday two vials of cooked yeast from the vault. UGH. The package smelled like raw bread dough when I opened it, calling whitelabs on Monday.
Follow up, I had responded to the “your package was delivered” email, and on Monday there was a reply with apologies and a replacement order with overnight delivery submitted. As long as the fedex guy knocks it should be okay.

Follow up, I had responded to the “your package was delivered” email, and on Monday there was a reply with apologies and a replacement order with overnight delivery submitted. As long as the fedex guy knocks it should be okay.
I had the same issue with yeast from Northern Brewer. They basically said too bad nothing we can do about it. I made starters and tried to salvage the yeast but my Hefe with 3068 is a sulfur bomb.

I had the same issue with yeast from Northern Brewer. They basically said too bad nothing we can do about it. I made starters and tried to salvage the yeast but my Hefe with 3068 is a sulfur bomb.

If you made a proper starter and pitched healthy yeast (which it should have been) there is another reason that caused your "sulfur bomb"

But Northern Brewer has always in the past been very good at replacing yeast. Wonder if that has changed?

BTW, it is best not to order liquid yeast for shipping during summer weather. At least you should spring for next day delivery so that it shouldn't sit around in a hot truck. By liquid yeast in the summer (and probably mid winter) from your LHBS.

Back