What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a fermostat to use on the redbull refrigerator that I picked up. Should make a decent fermentation/lager chamber I think. The grain mill made me excited enough to brew a cream ale at 0200 when I got off work and found it on the door step. My first grain mill, but it seemed to do a decent crush using NB's recommended settings.

Does that Red Bull refrigerator fit a 5-gallon keg? I've seen those on eBay and thought it would look cool with a different wrap on it and a tower on top...

They will fit a 5 gallon if you take the basket out. I think you may want to move the fan too. Double check your keg height. Some of the squatty ones would work best. Pin locks they are around 22-22.5 inches I believe. The cooler has 24" to play with

I got nothing today. :( UPS won't come down my road because it's covered with snow. So I have 5 of the best cigars I've ever tasted freezing at the ups terminal for a couple more days. They are right next to my daughter's guitar lesson book I assume.

Had an order from Farmhouse waiting for me on the porch last night. 3 lbs of hops (Amarillo, Columbus, Mosaic), bunch of specialty grains and corn sugar, bevflex line and John Guest fittings for my upcoming tap-in-wall setup, and a couple other little things. Also received my three PC fans to be used in the keezer/ferment/serving box.

Wife wasn’t happy until I pulled out the gnome root beer extract and whipped up a batch of ‘beer’ for the kiddo.

I live in the UK and got them from here: www.gasproducts.co.uk

I think you have far better / more powerful options in the US, we are extremely limited here (31000 BTU was the most powerful I could find in a frame).

I got a little giddy over the 3 valve per burner thingy. :)
Didn't even check to see your location.

But now I've got something else to shop for.
Thanks for the incentive.

pb

Got a Wilser bag for my 5-gallon kettle. I brew 2.5 gallon batches on the stove in winter, and I had been using a cheap bag that was too coarse. Looking forward to having less gunk in my kettle.

I got nothing today. :( UPS won't come down my road because it's covered with snow. So I have 5 of the best cigars I've ever tasted freezing at the ups terminal for a couple more days. They are right next to my daughter's guitar lesson book I assume.

See I knew their was a reason why I was glad my wife works for the company with the world's largest humidor...the free smokes and I don't have to have them sitting on a truck drying out.

See I knew their was a reason why I was glad my wife works for the company with the world's largest humidor...the free smokes and I don't have to have them sitting on a truck drying out.

If you haven't tried the drew estate javas, you need to. They are awesome.

Keezer parts!!! Lines, fittings, shanks and Perlicks :ban:

Was able to finish up the Keezer. Now have to brew to fill the kegs :rockin:

I know we all love pictures:

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

If you haven't tried the drew estate javas, you need to. They are awesome.

I have tried them and agree that they are very good. Try a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. They are very good as well. And for what it's worth, I had a 240sx as well. Loved that car.

I got parts to start plumbing my three vessel electric brew setup. Of course I should be more careful and look at the quantity of what I am buying. I thought I was buying 10 hose clamps, it turns out I bought 100 hose clamps.

If you happen to need a hose clamp or ten, let me know.

I got parts to start plumbing my three vessel electric brew setup. Of course I should be more careful and look at the quantity of what I am buying. I thought I was buying 10 hose clamps, it turns out I bought 100 hose clamps.

If you happen to need a hose clamp or ten, let me know.

Were they just super cheap? I'd think that big of a quantity jump would be some $$. What size are they?

I have tried them and agree that they are very good. Try a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. They are very good as well. And for what it's worth, I had a 240sx as well. Loved that car.

I think I have tried that one. It may have been a 1995; not sure. That's the number that's popping in my mind. I got the javas on cbid. 5 for $37. Not fantastic pricing, but cheaper than they usually go for. What year 240 did you have? I had a '95 SE 5spd. Red w/sunroof.

Received my new 3 keg kit from Keg Connection today !

3 ball lock corney kegs
Dual body regulator
10lb co2 bottle (aluminum)
Manifold
Lines (gas & liquid)
SS shanks
Perlick SS 630 taps with handles
Johnson A419 digital temp controller

I bought a 9cu.ft. Chest freezer and all of the wood for collar, cart and using red oak for finishing it out.

Super excited to get this project going. I'll post pics as it progresses.
:ban: :mug:

Not beer related,but very important non the less; a wedge for my car seat,to make driving less painful

Were they just super cheap? I'd think that big of a quantity jump would be some $$. What size are they?

They are Stainless Steel 16mm - 27mm hose clamps. I placed a large order and didn't notice the quantity. The pack of 10 was $7.10. Not paying close enough attention. :(

I think I have tried that one. It may have been a 1995; not sure. That's the number that's popping in my mind. I got the javas on cbid. 5 for $37. Not fantastic pricing, but cheaper than they usually go for. What year 240 did you have? I had a '95 SE 5spd. Red w/sunroof.

Mine was a 93 SE. Hunter Green with sunroof. Little car hauled ass but was horrible in snow and had to go. Wish I still had it now that I live in FL.

Mine was a 93 SE. Hunter Green with sunroof. Little car hauled ass but was horrible in snow and had to go. Wish I still had it now that I live in FL.

I totaled mine. All cosmetic, so I was pissed. Replaced it with a 91 MR2 turbo. Whole lot faster! It's gone now too. Sold it before I got married. :(

What do you have your STC running to, an outlet on the back somewhere?

Nope, I ran the STC down the back and into the compressor box. Then I removed the original freezer controller and replaced the wiring to the compressor with the STC. Basically, I just made 3 connections and the freezer became a finely-tuned keezer :rockin: PM me if you would like me to snap some pics for you.

I got a Kolsch recipe kit with 2565 Yeast. Also 5 feet of 1/2" ID tubing for a blow off tube. I think I'll need it for this one.

Bill

Back