What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the third of four recent orders that Amazon has f**ked up. All three items were listed as fulfilled by Amazon. I've learned the hard way to avoid ANY other sources when shopping w/ Amazon. Now they're claiming it was a secondary source.
I guess the best resolution is to avoid Amazon at all costs.
Besides, they now charge sales tax (price increase) & they've jacked the minimum order for free shipping by almost 50%! Last, they don't back up the buyer by providing what was ordered when they F**k up! A refund does me no good when I need the item I ordered when it's promised.
I would have gone elsewhere in the first place & saved the time , money, & aggravation!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The tax part does suck. I have Prime, so I get free 2 day shipping, and I don't have to worry about the minimum order.

The tax part does suck. I have Prime, so I get free 2 day shipping, and I don't have to worry about the minimum order.

2X on having Prime...for the extra it cost a year its well worth it.
I also only order from amazon warehouses. The third party vendor thing is nothing but a hassle.

Olive and sinclair chocolate bars for my moo hoo clone attempt.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392670462.523337.jpg

Let us know how the clone goes!! I live about 40 min from Terrapin : b

I saw your thread about it a little while ago and it sounds great!

Will do! I should be brewing it this weekend or next and also waiting for the headbrewer to email me back about my recipe :D

Received my 2 6 gallon carboys & bungs from NB, picked them up during their buy one get one sale. Man do those guys ship fast! I ordered Friday morning and they shipped them out same day!!

Last week I got my first shipment from Farmhouse Brewing Supply. I was really happy with the speed and service.

Got 1lb each of Chinook and Mosaic (used in my house IPA) plus 2x4oz packages of Citra pellets (thought I'd throw some of that into next batch of house ipa as well). Also picked up 1lb of Fawcett 45L crystal malt : Curious I don't see that listed in BeerSmith, wonder if I can customize a malt?

Also got a foodsaver vacuum sealer in order to repackage my bulk hops. Man do I look forward to brew day on March 1st! Sure hope its over 40°F outside!!

Cheers!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392767585.452031.jpg I can finally post on this thread. My chugger and cam locks arrived today. Now waiting for the cooler is going to kill me. I'm not sure what is more addicting brewing or building for brewing. Hello my name is Drizzt and I am an addict

noble trapist ale kit from midwest for a buddy. i love brewing and want to brew more but don't want to be a full blown alcoholic or give tons of it away so i now have my friends ordering kits and shipping them to my house. i brew it, make them help bottle (over beers of course), keep a sixer and give them the rest.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392779722.613141.jpg
5 gallon keg, tubing, gas line and picnic tap, grains, 4 way manifold, dip tube and chugger pump. Arrived from Adventures in Homebrewing in a couple days flat. Time to upgrade my system.

Don't worry. Once you get your CO2 tank, it won't be flat anymore.

:D

:rolleyes: :ban:

Upgrading from 2 keg system to 3 had to decide on a 3rd faucet/shank and new drip tray or a chugger pump and since i'm really tired of dealing with 10 gallon batches via gravity I opted for the pump.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392841117.413429.jpg

Couldn't find used ball lock kegs anywhere locally or online at a reasonable price so bit the bullet and got 3 new ones to fill keezer up. Also 2 more pounds of hops which takes me to 17 pounds I think and a mash paddle. (Dog didn't come in mail today).

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Two 1 gallon kits from Northern Brewer: Saison du Miel and Sierra Madre. I haven't really had much for Saisons, so wanted to give it a try in a small batch. I'm looking for a good, light summer brew. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is awesome, one of my favorites, but, again, wanted to give the clone a test run before committing to 5 gallons.

View attachment 180579

Couldn't find used ball lock kegs anywhere locally or online at a reasonable price so bit the bullet and got 3 new ones to fill keezer up. Also 2 more pounds of hops which takes me to 17 pounds I think and a mash paddle. (Dog didn't come in mail today).

Almost Famous Brewing Company

17 pounds? Holy crap I thought I had issues with hops. :mug:

Nothing super special, had to buy a 12V AC/DC power adapter with a molex end on it...i realized i could have just made my own but this is going to be powering fans for my keezer I felt a bit more secure knowing its a fully molded cable and not one of my haphazard DIY electronics :)

41PzsbkDy9L.jpg

I just got my new pH meter! Hanna Instrements 98127. Not a cheap one, but, hopefully, a quality one! I'm excited, now i'm gonna go do all sorts of pH experiments!

Pictures?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

As requested..... I thought all my stuff would be here (I got an email while at work that my package arrived) only to find out some of the stuff was back ordered. No worries - just a minor delay. Here's pics of what has arrived:

Gear on Shelf.jpg

Kettle on Stove.jpg

Mini BIAB.jpg

Swamp Cooler.jpg

I am planning to do 1.5 gallon stove-top BIAB...my first brew is to be an ESB. I have some Meris Otter, some Crystal Malt 20L, some Victory Malt, Fuggles and East Kent Goldings, and some SafAle #S-04. I'll keep it cool in the swamp cooler.

I think just by the age of the stove in the picture, that automatically qualifies me for the ghetto brew/ugly junk thread....lol.

Back