What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today it was a pair of 110v 150 watt ceramic heat bulbs for my fermentation chambers. Now I'll sell my brew belt heater!

ForumRunner_20131126_220818.jpg

Today it was a pair of 110v 150 watt ceramic heat bulbs for my fermentation chambers. Now I'll sell my brew belt heater!

View attachment 162724

Why did you go from a belt to a bulb?

After the weather cooled it seems my 1000 controller is calling more for heat than cooling. First project of 2014 is to add heat. Curious about different sources of heat.

First project of 2014 is to add heat. Curious about different sources of heat.

I did the light bulb in a paint can method and it works great. I'm assuming that the above poster is about to do the same thing. I run 2 fermenters in my fridge, so the belt wouldn't be efficient for me.

Why did you go from a belt to a bulb?

After the weather cooled it seems my 1000 controller is calling more for heat than cooling. First project of 2014 is to add heat. Curious about different sources of heat.

The belt works great for 1 fermenter, but my next batch requires 2, so I need to heat ambient air instead of the fermenter.

I considered the light bulb in the coffee can, but I have a low tolerance for risk, and just went with something MADE to do what it does. Not knocking those who've had great success with the coffee can, it's just not for me. Besides, for just the two heaters, including shipping, it was $17.08. Cheap peace of mind IMO.

hardware from Bobby...

Element enclosures, herms compression fittings, tons of camlocks, 2 chuggers. The enclosures are top notch

I thought we were talking about the mail... The Postman's fight song: I don't mess with keys or locks , I just put it in your box, I'm your mailman. I can come in any weather, because my bag is made of leather, I'm your mailman, and so on...
This rhyme was taken from a couple of Vaudevillian actors. They are on the other side now, and 35 years later I remember them like it was yesterday.

A 15 gallon BIAB bag for my Boilermaker from Wilserbrewer, along with a matching hop spider bag and a hop sock for kegging. Top notch construction, can't wait to use it.

It took Midwest 5 days to complete my order as of yesterday. Didn't go out yet though. Got a new 7.9G fermenter to replace the infected ale pail I tossed. It didn't have a lid seal & couldn't get a lid that did to fit it. so I got another short wide one like my bottling bucket WITH a lid seal to ferment in. no more pressure leakes with the new one. Wanna use that,my Cooper's FV & 6G better bottle to get 3/5 gallon batches of my hybrid lager going. I have a couple jars of WL029 yeast washed for starters. That was good stuff last year that stored very well. Now if they'd just ship my stuff...

Congratulations!!
Maybe someday my Beer will be good enough to enter into a competition.

:off:

The best thing to do is enter just for the constructive comments that you can get to make improvements. This was my second competition. I took a 3rd place back in June for my Sweet Orange Irish Blonde. I took the comments on this Belgian Rye and re-brewed it using some of that advice and sent it in to the next competition that was close to me. You can never truly know what you can improve on until you try. Just be open to not winning a 1st place medal your first time out.

:rockin:

After looking all over the place for these things I finally found Spanish Cedar Spirals to age some beer with. These things are pungent it smells like a cigar box while its wrapped in the plastic.

Cedar Spirals.jpg

I just had a dip tube, some camlock fittings, and 6' of high temp silicone tubing come in the mail. I always hate waiting for packages to come after I get the email saying its out for delivery lol.

Finally got my 3 pounds of Amarillo hops for Label Peelers. Amarillo Hops make everything better kind of like bacon

My plastic cereal containers, perfect for 4 lbs of grain, ill keep the overstock in a big plastic tote

I got two cornys in the mail from kegconnection...and two more on the way! 7 cu ft chest freezer from Black Friday and the rest is soon to come!! Hell yeah!! My keezer is slowly comin together. :rockin:

Two pounds of Citra, and two pounds of Amarillo...

Big thanks to Label Peelers and Hop Union.

Ha! Yeah man,fer sher! I was hemmed in with my bottling set up & couldn't get to the door when my order came in. Luckily my wife was coming down the stairs atm...:ban:

3 750 bottles of Cascade Sour ales
1 1/2 gal ceramic growler

And this was LHBS, not mail, but I'm on a roll so...
50# 2-row
2# Crisp chocolate malt
1# Choc Rye malt
1# Pale Chocolate
1 vial Brett C

Pumped for some new brewing!!!

Yesterday it was two used and EXTREMELY filthy pin-lock kegs via FedEx. I used double-strength PBW to clean 'em with my keg washer, and even changed the water after about an hour. Then I soaked the top foot or so in hot PBW and water. The top is so shiny now! ;)

Bulls Beers said:
I was expecting my new Spike brewing kettle today, but it's not coming until Thursday...Arrgh!!

I was expecting my Electric Brewery control panel from Spike this week but was told maybe by Christmas. Arrgh!

Two pounds of Simcoe, a pound of Amarillo, and a pound of Mosaic from Label Peelers. Time for some serious IPA brewing.

Not a big package, but a needed instrument inside has finally arrived...a new hydrometer!

Back