What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Center inlet SS Chugger with camlock reducer and a folding false bottom with support for keggle for 15% off. Thanks Stainlessbrewing.com :mug:

12 cans of psuedoSue and 1 bomber of Hoppin' Frog's Café Silk Porter arrived today.

20161206_191125.jpg

I will be getting my new cyber Monday sale picnic tap so I can finally have 2 beers on tap at the same time!
Also some grains to brew my once every 3 years oak bourbon strong ale I call Heavy Cord.

[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

I couldn't agree more. They do still have really good prices and great hops though. I've got no affiliation with them, but if you're looking to buy hops I can't recommend http://www.hopsdirect.com/ enough. I've bought hops from a few different places and they are by far the lowest price and still have amazing flavor/aroma. I'm tempted to buy some more Mosaic from them at $16/pound since I'm running low. Most other places I've looked have it for like $25/pound.

How does it work? What made you buy this? It seems quite uncommon to use this...

I have not used it yet, so I do know how well it works. The motivation to try it is from brewing on a friend's system and having the Blichmann Therminator blocking constantly from the hops. The advertisement/promotion for it at Brewer's Hardware makes it look like it should do the job of keeping the hops out of the heat exchanger so I decided to try it.

Peter

a mark II Wort Pump from Keg King (via Williams brewing). Looks good, but won't be trying it out until January. (promised wife no more until 2017 thus ending at 147 gallons.

Nothing my new burner has been on the ups truck for 2 days saying out for delivery and now says it won't come till monday...bastards

I got 2 boxes today, one will some pre-crushed BIO Carafa, CARAFOAM, CARAMUNICH II and Chocolate Malt from hobbybrauversand.com and one with some Muntons DME Extra light, Wyeast #1469 - West Yorkshire Ale and Phoenix pellets from amihopfen.com I didn't take any photos yet but I might later today...

Ordered a piece of jewelry for SWMBO. It arrived the other day. Last night another one arrived. I don't think they billed me for two either.

Bulk bag of British Golden Promise and 4 packets of Notty yeast on Friday... for my house ale that my swill drinking friends actually like because it is sweet and not hoppy... and it is bitter enough to satisfy me. Basically a strong bitter I think... recipe fits the profile... last batch bottled at 5.38%

Trailer tires! These are important because they transport my beer (and racecar) to the track.

Ha! I need to get a spare trailer tire (don't have one, not a good idea), to transport BBB. My boat, butt & beer to the lake- but not until Spring....

Christmas gifts for all the peoples. First gift giving event in a long time where I don't expect home brew stuff. Got most all my wants.

Ha! I need to get a spare trailer tire (don't have one, not a good idea), to transport BBB. My boat, butt & beer to the lake- but not until Spring....

Try used tire places...bolt patterns are pretty standard and all you need a functional roller that holds air for when (not if) you loose a tire.

Two packages of yeast from MoreBeer - Wyeast 1469 (West Yorkshire) and Wyeast 1318 (London Ale III).

Nothing too special, but I'm delighted because I received the yeast less than 20 hours after ordering it. (MoreBeer has a warehouse near Pittsburgh). I went to take out the trash this morning and was shocked to see the package at 7:30 am.

I've been trying to support LHBS more, but they carry White Labs only. Paying $7 shipping for two packages of yeast hurts a little less when it comes so quickly!

A Christmas present to myself: a Kegco three roller mill. It's a thing of beauty, and a beast compared to my Barley Crusher. And, only $140 shipped!

Kegco Mill.jpg

Kegco Mill and Hopper.jpg

Brew on :mug:

Supplies for my next brew day. MAN I wish I had a brick and mortar that wasn't an hour and a half away. The new growler station in town is supposed to begin selling supplies but they are having trouble sourcing the goods. :(

View attachment 380758

MM3-Pro. Gave it a test run last night. Took down 2 pounds of grain in less than 10 seconds. Barley crusher definitely feels like a toy now.

Built a mounting plate for it to crush right into MLT so I don't have to dump between buckets an extra time and stir up the extra dust in the basement.

May want to mount that drill. If there's a screw hole for where a handle attaches to the drill, that's the easiest way. Just grab the longest SS bolt you can find from Lowe's or the like and send it through the plate and put a wing nut on each side. Add a lock washer and or flat washer if you want to ensure they stay put. Wing nuts make for easy removal. Not doing so can really screw up your bearings by leaving all that weight sitting on them as they spin plus the off centered twist they will receive each time you start the drill. Ask me how I know. Also, harbour freight sales a variable rotor control that works well for speed control. Just lock the trigger open on the drill and throttle down with the control box. About $30. They're on AliExpress for a tad cheaper.
A sub $5 investment and a few minutes to install to extend the life of your mill. Cheers!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32755090652/32755090652.html

Came in a few days ago, but forgot to post it: fermonster 7 gallon carboy with petcock. Excited to get out of the pail so I can watch my yeasties!

Back