What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA838B73-ECA8-4159-A68B-1EAFD4E6DC96.jpeg

Great Anniversary week at HF. Spent the day there on Thursday and should have gone back on Friday. I actually turned around at one point leaving Greensboro Friday AM but decide to stick with the plan.

Hit:
Alchemist
Lawsons
River Roost
Tree House
Jacks Abbey

On Friday

New Trillium FP location on Saturday for lunch before flying home.

Not much compares to Hill Farmstead on a nice day. New Lawson’s location is cool. No big desire to go back to Tree House or Trillium again.

Visited Skyland Ale Works in Corona CA yesterday. A bit farther out than I usually venture, but one of our homebrew club members just became co-owner and head brewer.

Really stellar beers all around. Highly recommended.

Just scheduled my beer geek tour at Sierra Nevada in Mills River NC for June 20. Can’t wait! 3 hour intense tour.

Don't know how I forgot to post this, but my daughter and I went to Fonta Flora brewery in Morganton, NC on 6-8-19. They specialize in local ingredients like beets, peas, plums, etc. The 'Beets, Rhymes and Life' was shockingly good!
IMG_20190608_124831500.jpeg
IMG_20190608_122548862.jpeg

Stopped in to Garphish Brewing in Bethel, MN (a tiny bedroom community a half hour north of Mpls). It's in an old church bldg, with lots of couches and tables--a nice change from the sheet metal furnishings found in too many taprooms. Owner-brewer was working the taproom. They have a nice jalapeno-infused Kolsch, a few good IPAs, a decent Scottish ale, oatmeal stout, RyePA, and blonde ale.

20190629_130809a.jpg

Buy whatever they’ve got for cans. I’ll take mule service if you’re driving by fort dodge!!
Sorry man, already back in Rochester, MN. Picked up a 4pk of Dave-O pale ale, which was quite good. They also had 4pks of Pastel-o-pie chocolate stout to go. My wife ordered that one, I had a taste. Also very good. Thanks for the recommendation, we likely would've missed it otherwise.

Love looking at all these cool breweries. Look forward to going back and seeing what has been posted.

Torg Brewery, in Spring Lake Park, MN. Owner/brewer is a retired 30-year Army vet and a microbiologist. Real nice guy. Lots of good beers, they had 12 on tap when we were there last week. I like their Schwarzbier, dry Irish stout and oatmeal stout. Also a British IPA, something I rarely see in breweries around here--nicely done.

Back