What beer did for me today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeastieboy

Reaction score
This is a thread intended for anyone that does anything related to drinking beer. You can post anything you want as long as it is about what beer did for you today. What beer did for me was get me through another viewing of Finding Dory with my kids. If you relaxed after a hard day's work, self-medicated during a family reunion, took some strange home from the pub, whatever... what did beer do for you today?

It is going to help me relax and unwind after a very close call at work should have left me with third degree burns to the face but I got lucky and no harm done.

Today beer assisted me with attending a 1-year old's birthday party with less suffering than would otherwise be inevitable while attending such an event.

Finding Dory is suppose to be shipped to my house on November 15th. I'm sure I'll go through a few beers on that day.

Today, I mowed the grass for the last time this year. Several session IPAs helped with that.

My boss brought in his first homebrew which is an ag clone of Stone ris. I must say it's delicious and it got me through a very rough morning!

Friday night my hoppy pils got me through making the transition from a stress filled work week to a screaming kids filled weekend.

Tonight beer helped my unwind after driving on the first **** roads of the season. I love northern alberta.

Today beer made me feel ok about how bad my favorite football team sucks, and that I split on season tickets and drive 4.5hrs to watch their games.
I'll let you guess which NFL team I'm referring to as I'm too embarrassed to say lol

Today beer made me feel ok about how bad my favorite football team sucks, and that I split on season tickets and drive 4.5hrs to watch their games.
I'll let you guess which NFL team I'm referring to as I'm too embarrassed to say lol

I'm going to guess the Browns. Yesterday beer got me through the Dolphins pulling off a win against the Rams while clearing space in the garage for the not at all new garage fridge to be used as a kegerator.

Today designing new beers got me through an otherwise slow Monday start to a worthless week of the year to even attempt working. Is that a sentence?

My boss brought in his first homebrew which is an ag clone of Stone ris. I must say it's delicious and it got me through a very rough morning!

Stone has a(n) RIS? Well, sure they do.

Your boss had you drinking this on said "rough morning?" I can't make sense of that. Was it just a little taste? What workplace tolerates drinking -- in the morning? (...and where do I apply? :))

Stone has a(n) RIS? Well, sure they do.

Your boss had you drinking this on said "rough morning?" I can't make sense of that. Was it just a little taste? What workplace tolerates drinking -- in the morning? (...and where do I apply? :))

It was about half a 2 liter bottle (1 liter -/+) with one of those ball lock gas qd's on the top. Pretty cool little device to turn a soda bottle into a growler. He was stoked that his first beer turned out really well and wanted to share. Monday mornings in IT can be rough but a pint or two of RIS can make it all better! :ban:
Pretty sure drinking in the am at work is frowned upon but when the boss insists.... drankin' ensues!

Last night's homebrewed APA helped me to reduce my accuracy and reaction time with a sniper rifle in Battlefield 1 thereby adding frustrating video games to the end of a day at work. I kept drinking it and it helped with that too.

Last night NG Moon Man got me through a no money on the table poker night with neighbors who can't play worth a crap.:tank:

I'm going to guess the Browns. Yesterday beer got me through the Dolphins pulling off a win against the Rams while clearing space in the garage for the not at all new garage fridge to be used as a kegerator.

Correct sir. God I hope this rebuilding dumpster fire goes out at some point

Six homebrew pilsners were my loyal assistant prepping food stuffs for tomorrow.

4-5 homebrew IIPAs got me through the Victoria's Secret Fashion show last night...

Helped me relax after taking my daughter to my works kids christmas party.

Turned my spare tank and regulator into my CFC water evacuation unit, lol

I've found no matter how I tilt the CFC some water remains and it has me wondering how much mold can/does grow in there.
It doesn't leave "plate chiller" worried, but I thought it'd be good to get any excess water out.
How do you guys do this?

Attachments

• PXL_20210218_204653528.jpg
    PXL_20210218_204653528.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20210218_204542869.jpg
    PXL_20210218_204542869.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
beer made the music sound better, as always.....and when i think about life, beer makes it seem like it's worth the trip!

Whilst collecting my yeast cake to make nutritional yeast, I found 2 litres of beer in the conical. Seems I had set the racking arm too high. Good thing I used Co2 to transfer to kegs last week. The new found beer will not go to waste.

Back