What Are You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I would have to claim pretty much all German ancestry or maybe call it Prussian. My family has done genealogy studies and from what they can tell everyone came from that region and settled in rural Iowa. Two sets came from within the modern day German borders. The other two sets were 1st Generation Americans.

1/2 Irish 1/4 German 1/4 english. Probably a little more irish and a little less english, but i dont quite know. The german is a solid 25%. My grandmother met my grandfather in Germany in WWII

I'm all English. Specifically, all Hampshire (County). Come to think on it, all Southampton (Town), both sides of the family. Come to think more on it, I'm quite surprised that my family even has two sides. :eek:

I am actually 100% Spanish...from Spain, not mexico.

All my Grand parents came from somewhere in Andalusia. On my dad's side his parent settled in West Virginia so his dad could work in the coal mines (Andalusia is evidently a coal mining region of Spain.)

My mom's Father came to conquer the Us in the Spanish American War. But when the ship landed the Treaty of Paris had been signed and the war was over...So he hung out in America for a bit, fell in love with it, and went back to Spain to Bring his wife back a few years later. He settled in Detroit where a decade or so later my mom was born.

MY Dad left to fight in WWII and while in the Phillipines his mom and Dad came up to Detroit and my Grandpa went to work on the line at one of the auto plants.

When the war was over my future dad came to Detroit to join his family and siblings, and met my mom at a Spanish Dance at a Spanish American Club calle "Estados Unitos."

Since my granparents all came from the same area of Spain (though never knew each other) someone introduce my dad to my mom, and the rest ids history....

I am a purebred Spic...who can speak very little of his familie's native tongue ( a long story) but still is proud of his heritage...

Oh and during Prohibition my Dad's brother, my Uncle, was a bootlegger in WVA who used to hide his beer (I assume was homebrewed) in the "crick" behing the police station....where noone would think to look.

:mug:

Half Romanian Half German. I always related to my Romanian side more because of my last name, you'd think the telemarketers would get it eventually...

I can't speak a word of Romanian but I constantly get people from Romania who see my last name start speaking it to me. I just look at them blankly and apologize...

Seeing as my last name's Mulligan, I've got the Irish in there. ;)

50% Irish (hurray, no chin!)
and the rest is an unknown conglomerate of:
French Canadian
Native American (no idea of tribe, it's all of like 1/16th)
English

Well, I am an american but I have ancesters from Germany, Holland, Ireland and England. I am originaly from PA, a very dutch area. But my mom was a McGeary.
My husband on the other hand is 100% square we have traced completly back to Germany on both sides.

100% mutt, and proud of it!

Actually, I'm about 33% Spanish on my mother's side. My father's side is a bit blurry, but we can trace our ancestry back to Guy F-a-w-k-e-s. (stupid auto filter :()

lets just call me an american mutt. mostly english from the birmingham area circa 1750 or so on me dads side but mostly irish on me mums. throw in a little german, amerindian, and a dash of mediteranean descent.

50% French 25% German (possibly Austrian). The other 25% is thought to be Irish. My Grandfather was adopted but it is believed that his Dad new the mother. It's a bit blurry but I'm going with Irish.

That German side may have Austrian in it and a bit of Georgian (European not US. lol).

100% Polish, 1st generation in the US. I speak Polish semi-fluently - I've been brushing up recently. Dad was born in Frankenheim, Germany and Mom was born in Poznan in western Poland. Both my maternal and paternal grandparents were held in work camps during WWII and that is how the two sides of the family met. A distant cousin (Maximilian Kolbe) was canonized by Pope John II for volunteering to die in place of a total stranger at Auschwitz in 1941.

Under Communism, my paternal grandfather's brothers were involved in the resistance movement/secret army; he was a butcher until the day he died. My dad lived in Antwerp until 1955 before emigrating to Chicago; mom didn't emigrate until 1972 - coming to Chicago by way of London and Canada. Because both families had kept contact after the internment during WWII, she had contacts in the States to sponsor her immigration. She didn't speak a single word of English when she arrived.

I'm 100% Pure american mutt! The largest divisions of my heritage I can distinguish is 1/8 Belgian and 1/8 Irish....not knowing where the other 1/4 comes from on my Dads side. My Mom's side is a little more convoluted, as there is some Scottish, a little French and English way back on her Mom's side, as I have relatives who signed the Mayflower contract. Also somewhere in there (on her Dad's side) we had a name that no one at Ellis Island wanted to pronounce and were renamed Hall.

My last name comes from my Dad's side and is Belgian. Its an uncommon name in Flemish and what genealogy studies have shown is that it came into existence late 15th century, making me related to all people with similar names in a minute manor. My great-grandfather had something like 12 siblings who split all over the world before and after the second world war, so there are very small pockets of people with my surname all over the place.

I am 1/2 German 1/4 Scot. 1/8 Mutt and though you would never guess by the look of me, 1/8 Cherokee.

My grandmother on my dads side (being Catholic) escaped from Germany during WWII and married my Grandfather 1/2 Cherokee 1/2 Scot. My Moms side Is German with a smattering of Mutt (mostly Irish and Italian background, but from a long time ago.) The percentages work out somehow, guess I should really think about it someday... :D

My family on my mom's side really only aligns with the Irish heritage. I think there is a little english in there too.

On my dad's side you got a nice melting pot of mainly Scottish, German and English, but there is much more time in the States on this side of the family, so there is not much talk of old country with them.

My daughter is just about as much of a mix as your gonna find. She gets all of the above, and her mother is 100% greek.

I'm American, shocking to hear actually?

I would be a "new england mutt" if anything. Italian, Irish, and early american (if that's a term?)

My irish part of the family is from Cork, my italian part of the family is from Calabria, and the early american was english... but that part of the family has been here since the 1600s.

One maternal and one paternal grandparent were Swedish.
One maternal grandparent was Hungarian
One paternal grandparent was English.

100% American here.:)

Revvy = padre-jefe

LGI's tree has no branches.:D

50-25-25 Irish- English-Unknown

My father was adopted by the guy who married his mom(she got knocked up in the early 50's)

some of the family reunions were pretty intresting after '92 they decided to have the reunions per side

McDougal + Osborne

Great grandpa (mom's side) worked his way across america with the railroads
to settle in Wa

-Jason

Paternal grandfather - German-American (mid 1800 emigration)
Paternal grandmother - 1/2 German 1/2 French, first generation US
Maternal grandfather - Cajun
Maternal grandmother - Irish, first generation US

Mutt.... On my dad's side the line goes back to when Edward Bumpas came in The Good Ship Fortune, November 10, 1621 (The next ship after the Mayflower). He was English. My mom's side is from Ireland sometime back, but I think there may be German and English mixed in that side.

approx 50% Irish; 50% French Canadian; 1% or less Native American

My family all came to NY in the early 1900's at the great grand parent level, they were all in their teens I think. My moms side is all from western russia as are two of my dads great grand parents, of the final two great grand parents one is from ireland and the other germany. so 3/4 russian, 1/8 irish, 1/8 german.

You ALL would be Spanish if my Gramp's invasion of Florida had gone through.

I hear he was a mean SOB.:D

Oh, so third generation loser. :D

My mom traces her ancestry back to Boston and a relative was in the Real Teaparty.

My great grandfather was from Germany, Stuttgart IIRC, but my paternal grandma was half Irish, so I make it 1/2 Brit, 3/8 Kraut, 1/8 Irish.

A very fine drinking heritage. :mug:

EDIT: what is the locally heralded beer type for Stuttgart?

I'm American, shocking to hear actually?

I would be a "new england mutt" if anything. Italian, Irish, and early american (if that's a term?)

My irish part of the family is from Cork, my italian part of the family is from Calabria, and the early american was english... but that part of the family has been here since the 1600s.

Part of my French side goes back to the first non-native children born in NA.

I'm all Mutt as well. I have some Scottish, English, and Canadian French. My mom traced her family back to the 1600s; two of my ancestors were hanged in the Salem witch trials. Eep!

Latest posts

Back