What Are You Sipping for Closing Ceremonies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Me...I'm going to crack the second bottle of BrewPastors RIS-888. I had the first bottle on opening night.

Then it's on to sipping some commercial IPA's I picked up last weekend.

So how bout you. When you're reminded of the 2008 Olympics (closing ceremonies)...what memories will you have on your palate?

I will most likely be drinking my first Dogfishhead 120 IPA. I picked up 2 bottles a while ago for a decent price and can't wait to have my first one. I've read so many mixed reviews i'm just anxious to finally try the beast. Then maybe hit up some of my last honey amber I brewed up last month.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard
thumbup.gif

I wasn't really planning on watching the closing ceremonies, but I've been drinking Cooper's Bavarian Lager all weekend long... If I decide to watch, I'll probably have a couple more.

Well...I hate the Olympics...but I MUST thank Evan! for his recommendation that netted me a 12 pack of PBR that I'll be drinking over the next few nights....I'd have never tried it on my own!

I have a huge amount of beer in primaries and aging / staging.

Deciding between Heineken and PBR, this pushed me over the edge:

I know this has been posted before... still love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I hate the Olympics...but I MUST thank Evan! for his recommendation that netted me a 12 pack of PBR that I'll be drinking over the next few nights....I'd have never tried it on my own!

You never tried PBR:confused:

My local Uno Grille has it on tap, quite good:D

Try Genne Cream Ale also if you like cheap beer with flavor

Just finished a Salvation Belgian Style Golden Ale from Avery Brewing in Boulder Colorado!! An anticipating the "BierMunchers Sterling Gold", just in the primary last night!!!!!!!

Seriously I am sipping a Ballast Point IPA.

Had some Apfelwein tonight with some nice cedar planked wild salmon... life is good.

Started with an imported Bavarian hefe and then moved to a Belgian Leffe. It was getting a little sweet out so I cracked a Fish Tail Organic IPA. Now I'm munching on a couple of homemade burritos and drinking a Hobgoblin.

See ya in two years!

I'm drinking one of your recipes BierMuncher. The Aberdeen Brewery - Session Haus Ale. This is one of my favorites.

:mug:

I never watched the olympics. I am however drinking a bottle of my 8-8-8 RIS. It's the only homebrew I have right now, and I don't know if that's why I'm starting to like it so much, or if it's really that good.

I sipped a glass of Black Butte Porter while watching Red Dwarf. Gonna leave the closing ceremonies to the DVR and go to bed.

Not watching the games but I must say, this Honey Brown that I made, while slightly flat after 1 week in the bottle, is AMAZING!!!!!!

The Olympics are over? I thought they just started. Oh well, guess I'll watch them next time lol.

Back