What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF99E26C-7957-4087-A7C3-3397A168ED64.jpeg

Earlier, pregaming for a HB club meeting, HB Pale ale in a funky, flea market, glass.
DC2712CF-61AC-4BB7-B7D0-377BA2E10E71.jpeg
At the meeting there were almost 20 different home brews. No pics, but everything I sampled was pretty good, except for a Doppelbock which was either way over carbed or infected. The guy who brought it said “I don’t know why I brewed this. I hate Doppelbocks.” Homebrewers are a breed of their own, aren’t they.:cool:

HB AAL. This is what you get when you replace regular with purple corn:
View attachment 784165
Oh.

Oh, yes!

I know what I'm doing this spring. Damnit! My stupid Panther Piss adjunct lager project was supposed to have ended two years ago...but, I gotta do that. That's way too cool!

I curse the day I started messing around with corn and rice.;)

Oh.

Oh, yes!

I know what I'm doing this spring. Damnit! My stupid Panther Piss adjunct lager project was supposed to have ended two years ago...but, I gotta do that. That's way too cool!

I curse the day I started messing around with corn and rice.;)
This was about 30% corn. Whole kernels, ground down (a few passes through the mill) to 0.032”, cereal mash.

Out of curiosity, how did you use the cantaloupe for the beer? late addition? In the FV?
Also, would you make it again?
I ran enough cantaloupes through a juicer to get a gallon then added that to 4 gallons of base wheat beer in the fv at day 4. Definitely would make it again but would get it in fridge and drink it faster than I did this batch. It's not bad now but better at 1-3 months.

This was about 30% corn. Whole kernels, ground down (a few passes through the mill) to 0.032”, cereal mash.
Hey, thanks for that! I was about to pop open Beersmith and get busy, nice timing.

It's a bit of a relief to see you're also running 30%. Ultimately, that's the proportion that I settled on for my adjunct package. My mind revolted against that number as I approached it, but the tongue says that it's the right number. I sorta brew in a vacuum, so it's nice to see someone else doing it too.

Back