What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years back I added Jalapeno to a Hard Limeade. Then used the same bucket for a PA. The jalapeno came through in the PA and was the best I've made. Did you add the white flesh and seeds? That'll do it heat wise.
I had your jalapeño/mango hard lemonade a year ago or so and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Great jalapeño flavor but no heat.
OT:
901CA634-4DD2-4745-A0AD-4F7182F94C83.jpeg

Oh yeah. The big ones are up to 2in long. They come in when it's too hot or dry. It was worse living on Maui (1978-1980). Had to battle them flying around in the bathroom! 😂

OT... Vanilla coffee
We had them when I was stationed in Key West in the 80s. Pretty sure they’re called Palmetto bugs. We had scorpions there, too. First time I ever saw a real one.

Lazy rainy day, pulled a couple gourds from the patch, some evergrain to relax with. My wife likes to decorate with these things, last year just threw some in the yard and put a fence around it, this year we got a few. Now I want to grow a giant pumpkin just to say I did, we'll see what happens next year.
20221002_170154.jpg
20221002_170049.jpg

HB Butter Beer mead. This is by far the most interesting brew I’ve ever done. It’s buttery and caramelly (don’t think that’s a word) but still floral and slightly tart like a traditional mead. It’s supposed to be served at ~4 volumes of CO2 and my draft system is certainly not tuned for that.
33D09622-B5B9-4BB0-A0BC-87DF391AD385.jpeg

Years back I added Jalapeno to a Hard Limeade. Then used the same bucket for a PA. The jalapeno came through in the PA and was the best I've made. Did you add the white flesh and seeds? That'll do it heat wise.
Took out the veins and seeds. Glad I did!

Wanted an Oktoberfest but floated the keg :( Settled for the Wet Hop IPA. Really getting good after a little time to settle in the keg. Also have a bag of fresh Chinook hops floating in the keg, so that is a plus. Fun to brew with the first years hop harvest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
DBAB9288-6887-4B93-A951-FD1AD6D70295.jpeg
AA1EBFFA-5927-41AD-B6F7-7D2E3E45D21F.jpeg
5BA499B4-C8D5-4DC5-B8FE-BD691D3049A2.jpeg
A guys camping trip this weekend. Lots of beer, food, laughs & a big fire going all day and night.
I brought my HB “Half A$$ed Pilsner”, Kölsch & Hard Lemonade (thanks @ThirstyPawsHB for the recipe). They were all a hit with the group who mainly drinks macro beers. Not one growler came home with any beer left in it.

Back