What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you just wrote the recipe. Imperial Amber using Trappist yeast (WY3787)...😉

Wife comes back tomorrow but moving VERY forward on beer related activities this last week. Here are a couple projects I did using spare materials for the most part. I can now temperature control 2 buckets in this small freezer. Built up an another mash tun with an old cooler also.

Couldn't resist a 7day sample of the IPA. Columbus and Hop blend Citiva in the boil/whirlpool. Then 3days after, cryo hop Citra/Mosaic and more Citiva during fermentation. Same will be kegged hop. Hope it stays this way. I've tasted this flavor in so many modern IPAs. Recognized it immediately. Orange juice like. Nice bitterness. Since I've always struggled with IPAs, enjoying while it lasts.

View attachment 770531View attachment 770532View attachment 770533
Thank you Pianoman. That's all I needed.

Did you find better beers? @camonick

The last 2 are pretty good.
This one is great. More my style too…a Czech Pilsner
Very local… brewed here in Wilmington, NC.
B1AB37E8-D51A-47A2-AEE8-341EEC206AC9.jpeg

Drinking my Kentucky Common. Nailed it. I put a tad bit of Dark Cherry Extract for just that hint of sweetness.
Anyway, attention all Beer Gods!
Does anyone know of any recipe to concoct a brew called GRIMMBERGER? Grimmys for short. Its a French Double Amber Ale made by those crazy Trappist Monks. I can no longer find it anywhere and I'm throwing in the towel trying to locate it. The brew is fantastic, to me anyway. I seriously need the Gods on this one. Thank you in advance! Peace.
IMG_20220601_165901871.jpg

If this is what you're looking for, Brewer's Friend has a clone recipe. Look for Grimbergen Dubbel-ambree clone. I can't say how good it is. I have an extract recipe I've made that compared well in side by side tasting.

Last edited:

Dude I worked with bought 5 cases of that ever year. That's the only beer he bought and drank at home. 5 cases to last until the next season....

Edit: I need to finish that story. Several years back I brewed my first Okoberfest. It was a $hit$show at the end. My dogs broke off a spigot and I ended up spending an hour working with that and forgetting about the wort. I turned it off but it stayed hot the whole time, thought it was ruined. Went though the lagering phase and so on. After a couple months realized it was damn good. About 7%. Knowing this dude was a big Oktoberfest dude, gave him a 6-pk. He said it was the best he'd ever had. No joke, he said. It was pretty good. I tried to repeat that process a couple times but just never came out as good. Guess I'll forgo another spigot next time..😉

Last edited:
Couple of local brews during this week of crazy orders for regular clients and absolutely stupid fly-fishing customers. 🙄 ( Yes, you need to pay for a new rod section, no, running over the rod isn't covered under our Manufacturer's Warranty...)

Anyhoo, I think my taste/smell is coming back! I get the 'dustiness' of the Galaxy hops in the Space Wolf, and definitely the orange in the Tangerine Speedo. 😯 😆

Space Wolf by New Level Brewing. Great colour, with the Galaxy hit, at 7.6% abv. Smooth and crushable.

Space_Wolf.jpg

Tangerine Speedo from Vaycay Brew Co. It's definitely a tropical 5.8% NEIPA, and definitely tangerine. Love it! Cheers everyone! :bigmug:

Tangerine_Speedo.jpg

View attachment 770559

If this is what you're looking for, Brewer's Friend has a clone recipe. Look for Grimbergen Dubbel-amber clone. I can't say how good it is. I have an extract recipe I've made that compared well in side by side tasting.
Hey thanks. Yup that's it alright. Something about it that just clicks with me.
Bell's Two Hearted Ale... because sometimes it's nice to drink something good that someone else brewed..

I recently visited Bells Brewery/ Gift/ Tap house in Kalamazoo Mi. They busted out cases of Black is Beautiful. Was a type of Lager but poured and tasted clean like an ale. Very tasty indeed! However, the brew was only sold locally on a limited basis. On tap it was obviously delicious. I couldn't even find it in Deerborne Mi which is a few hours away. Right place right time I guess. To me Everything Bells makes is good! He recently opened another brewery called Upper Hand Brewery in Escanaba Mi. Located in Upper Peninsula and make an Escanaba Black that's awesome. Then Mr Larry Bell basically handed over the brewery to the people who had the idea for the brewery in the first place. He said, you worked for it...Its yours. I heard he's getting out of the business but don't know where the main brewery will finally rest. Anyway, there's your Bells news.

I recently visited Bells Brewery/ Gift/ Tap house in Kalamazoo Mi. They busted out cases of Black is Beautiful. Was a type of Lager but poured and tasted clean like an ale. Very tasty indeed! However, the brew was only sold locally on a limited basis. On tap it was obviously delicious. I couldn't even find it in Deerborne Mi which is a few hours away. Right place right time I guess. To me Everything Bells makes is good! He recently opened another brewery called Upper Hand Brewery in Escanaba Mi. Located in Upper Peninsula and make an Escanaba Black that's awesome. Then Mr Larry Bell basically handed over the brewery to the people who had the idea for the brewery in the first place. He said, you worked for it...Its yours. I heard he's getting out of the business but don't know where the main brewery will finally rest. Anyway, there's your Bells news.
This message didn't go where it was supposed to go..,sorry.

Back