What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collective Arts 'Ransack the Universe' IPA. Holy Moly, a clear IPA!! Crisp, hoppy and 6.8%. Woot! 🤣 Label art is cool as well. Cheers!

Ransack3.jpg

You should see the other OH anniversary beers. They are all similar but different, right @TheDudeLebowski & @TheEagleRising ?
Worse thing is the barcode links to Untapped are all wrong. I always like to read the description after rating. Trying figure out why I'm getting neipa from a Firestone west coast Collab will blow your sense of reality. Even worse is being outside of sober trying to figure out the correct beer

OT:
IMG_20220304_201155.jpg
IMG_20220304_204625.jpg

Another HB Hefeweizen in better lighting this time. This batch was made using some homemade sauergut at the end of the boil and I will say it definitely didn’t hurt a damn thing.
View attachment 761587
Banana or clove? It looks really good! I’ve failed at mostly every hefe and definitely every dunkelweizen that I’ve made. Somehow end up getting zero on both when I’m looking for tart banana.

OT: my favorite local seasonal
8EC8A201-7E13-4DEC-9DFC-7C70EB9EA0AC.jpeg

Banana or clove? It looks really good! I’ve failed at mostly every hefe and definitely every dunkelweizen that I’ve made. Somehow end up getting zero on both when I’m looking for tart banana.

OT: my favorite local seasonal
View attachment 761594
Definite banana and the sauergut gives it a little bit of the white grape flavor in the finish you might hear about. I pick up some tartness too.

Definite banana and the sauergut gives it a little bit of the white grape flavor in the finish you might hear about. I pick up some tartness too.
I somehow made a decent extract Hefeweizen when I barely knew wtf I was doing. Every attempt since then has been a disgrace. Sounds like you nailed it. I read a few years ago on sauergut in various German brews and meant to give it a try. Maybe this summer I need to make that happen.

I somehow made a decent extract Hefeweizen when I barely knew wtf I was doing. Every attempt since then has been a disgrace. Sounds like you nailed it. I read a few years ago on sauergut in various German brews and meant to give it a try. Maybe this summer I need to make that happen.
This seems a little thin to me, but I don’t drink Hefeweizen very often, so I don’t have a good mental image of what is “ideal”. I wanted to pick up a few commercial bottles to compare it to, but I live so far from a decent liquor store with a respectable selection, I haven’t been able to do that. I also spent the money on liquid Hefeweizen ale yeast from white labs WLP300.

This seems a little thin to me, but I don’t drink Hefeweizen very often, so I don’t have a good mental image of what is “ideal”. I wanted to pick up a few commercial bottles to compare it to, but I live so far from a decent liquor store with a respectable selection, I haven’t been able to do that. I also spent the money on liquid Hefeweizen ale yeast from white labs WLP300.
If you happen find yourself around southern MN in the summers, grab a Schell's Hefeweizen. Its their yearly seasonal from April-July and nearly exactly what I want in a hefe. My wife is still leery about me shipping beer around (We can NOT get blackballed from UPS/fedex), but its been awhile since I brought it up. Maybe her tune has changed somewhat haha.

If you happen find yourself around southern MN in the summers, grab a Schell's Hefeweizen. Its their yearly seasonal from April-July and nearly exactly what I want in a hefe. My wife is still leery about me shipping beer around (We can NOT get blackballed from UPS/fedex), but its been awhile since I brought it up. Maybe her tune has changed somewhat haha.
It’s really not that big of a deal and you’d have to have a pretty major failure with your box/ contents for them to even know. Line your box with a heavy duty trash bag, wrap bottles and/or cans with a couple layers of bubble wrap and fill all voids and empty spaces with peanuts or more bubble wrap. I have a personal online account (UPS). I put “glassware” in the description when I have to declare the contents. Pay online and print the label at home. My driver picks up the box where I work and it’s on its way. I don’t even deal with a human. The risk is very low and I would think almost non existent if it’s cans.

Last edited:
It’s really not that big of a deal and you’d have to have a pretty major failure with your box/ contents for them to even know. Line your box with a heavy duty trash bag, wrap bottles and/or cans with a couple layers of bubble wrap and fill all voids and empty spaces with peanuts or more bubble wrap. I have a personal online account (UPS). I put “glassware” in the description when I have to declare the contents. Pay online and print the label at home. My driver picks up the box where I work and it’s on its way. I don’t even deal with a human. The risk is very low and I would think almost non existent if it’s cans.

( laughs quietly as an ex-UPS employee ) You'd be surprised, Colorado. Your driver must be the genuine article, because even when we ship Canada Post Expidited they kick the sheeeiiittte out of those packages. UPS is even worse. Not sayin'....just sayin'.... 🤣 :mug:

( laughs quietly as an ex-UPS employee ) You'd be surprised, Colorado. Your driver must be the genuine article, because even when we ship Canada Post Expidited they kick the sheeeiiittte out of those packages. UPS is even worse. Not sayin'....just sayin'.... 🤣 :mug:
One of my best friends is a UPS driver and I can’t believe some of the stuff he tells me.😎

HB oaked avocado blossom honey mead. This is not only the best mead I’ve made to date, but I’d say it’s also the best fermented beverage I’ve ever made. Straight up earthy honey with a tinge of oak tannin hiding back there. Plus, the color is amazing.
0F347EA8-9143-4C99-9AC2-021E39851C3D.jpeg
D92F2D5C-88B1-4D70-A08B-EBEE08D0D244.jpeg

Back