What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leffe Blonde Blond. Very low on flavor. Thankfully also low on hops. My problem is that it tastes very sweet, almost like it was too high an OG to ferment all the sugars or something. All I can say is it is VERY sweet, but not quite sickeningly sweet. Barely.
If you like super sweet bee, this is for you. I like sweet-ER beer, but not like this

Attachments

• imgly_6775963926870141678.jpg
    imgly_6775963926870141678.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Leffe Blonde Blond. Very low on flavor. Thankfully also low on hops. My problem is that it tastes very sweet, almost like it was too high an OG to ferment all the sugars or something. All I can say is it is VERY sweet, but not quite sickeningly sweet. Barely.
If you like super sweet bee, this is for you. I like sweet-ER beer, but not like this
Brewing a leffe clone tomorrow morning...
20211010_205026.jpg

Belgian styles just take a bit of getting used to. Leffe is kind of the "Budweiser" of Belgians. Try Chimay Blue(Grande Reserve) for a better experience of Abbey-style ales.

Chimay-Grande-Reserve-Blue-750ML-BTL_720x.jpg

Last edited:
Brewing a leffe clone tomorrow morning...
View attachment 745225

Belgian styles just take a bit of getting used to. Leffe is kind of the "Budweiser" of Belgians. Try Chimay Blue(Grande Reserve) for a better experience of Abbey-style ales.

View attachment 745216
Yep. I've had Chimay before. I just saw the Blonde Blond in the store and thought I'd try it. Wish I hadn't gotten a 6 pack

454BD6C7-AE01-4344-82E9-F3E250FBD730.jpeg
264AC03A-0568-4C9D-9FF5-F0111A7CDC5E.jpeg
AAB15480-C015-40CF-9958-CB0E641CF818.jpeg
AA7E4A4A-7D3D-4557-A05A-2369FFA6020C.jpeg

Met up with my neighbor/good friend today since his father’s sudden passing on Thursday. Brought over the gift basket for him and his wife. He said it was the best gift basket he’s ever seen, I would agree.
We enjoyed some good beers (not from the basket pictured above) and had great conversations this afternoon. He’s doing as well as anyone could expect.
The sours were from tonight while watching SNF and making coffee cake I promised my oldest and her friend for breakfast.

Last edited:
With my car’s tires hors de combat due to an early season pothole, I figured I’d sieze the opportunity for a little Monday night guzzle up. I don’t remember the last time I was buzzed on a Monday night. I’ve made further strides toward killing off my helles keg, checked in on my Panther Piss keg, and am now enjoying some bitter from my first batch with Verdant. It only took 40 days, but it’s starting to look like a bitter should at two weeks.
81B31AD1-14A9-4B1F-BEE7-F23CDCE7B897.jpeg

HB Felttoberfest Marzen while playing chess with someone who doesn't have the good graces to resign when they've been beaten.

View attachment 744897View attachment 744899

This Homey's dead, he just don't know it yet...

My first instinct was to say, "Give the guy a break, it's not easy getting late game experience." Then I looked at the board.

Seriously, black, show some self respect, there ain't no (!) that's gonna save you.

Back