What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1631920216022201327509317838779.jpg

Random dudes walking down the street with a boom box offered me a beer, while I was waiting for door dash. Guess I'm living the high life, tonight 😜

I'd be interested in your recipe, if it stacks up.

I brewed it to the recipe in Jeff Alworth's book, attributed to an interview with the owner. I think mine to be a very fine beer, but it's not a clone. A fair approximation. Next time, I plan on trying a few ounces of oak in primary to simulate their wooden fermentation tanks. In the fridge for as soon as it's cool enough in the basement, I've got a pint of Imperial Tartan ready to go. First batch was with 1084 Irish Ale, adding some pleasant if not appropriate fruity aroma. With 98% Crisp Maris Otter I think it plenty malty/caramel-y enough without an extended boil reduction as other clone recipes call for.

HB neipa. Now carbed. Galaxy, amarillo, & simcoe. The trio some think is in TH’s Green. Thiis one of my best efforts thus far.

View attachment 742799
Looks great. Curious to see what your DH schedule was like. Assuming its prob like 2:1 Amarillo and Galaxy so that Galaxy doesn't totally drown out the other flavors?

Looks great. Curious to see what your DH schedule was like. Assuming its prob like 2:1 Amarillo and Galaxy so that Galaxy doesn't totally drown out the other flavors?

I was actually quite heavy handed with the galaxy. Only 3 gallon batch, but 4oz galaxy & 1 oz Amarillo post-ferm dry hop. Base malt, carafoam, & honey malt only — ala coachsending. Zero harshness following 36 hr dry hop. The zero high-protein adjunct with galaxy theory is looking good.

Pretty dang good. Hoping the festival wouldnt be a sh*t show. Always easy for a pickup and parking not bad but a little too crowded for me. Huge tent and Cornhole tournament to the left. U turn.
IMG_20210918_154915.jpg

IMG_20210918_174019.jpg

Altho during the U turn I saw what was meant by a $16 pour into the larger stein. I'm crying now as I would go college days and down it in a second and enjoy it. Wishing I got more

https://instagram.com/stories/trilliumbrewing/2665661032898270362?utm_medium=share_sheet

Last edited:
Back