What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three 4-H lambs sheared and trimmed for the county fair next week. Need a brewski.
D12C4D52-DDE2-4B36-AFD2-0CD65E9FAE3B.jpeg

First real day of harvest-sort of. I was by myself; everybody else had places to go and people to see. So, I got to cut a couple of small fields of peas, one with each combine, and make the adjustments and look for the little things that inevitably show up when machinery that has been idle for 10 months or so get put back to work. The most notable thing was the huge number of grasshoppers that we have this year. They’re about the same diameter as a pea so they end up, whole, in the grain tank.

5E17D36D-3EA4-475C-ACAE-25B22D6B820A.jpeg

Some HB Cream Ale, hold the grasshoppers.

81E3378F-094D-442A-872F-EF5C40FB58E2.jpeg

First real day of harvest-sort of. I was by myself; everybody else had places to go and people to see. So, I got to cut a couple of small fields of peas, one with each combine, and make the adjustments and look for the little things that inevitably show up when machinery that has been idle for 10 months or so get put back to work. The most notable thing was the huge number of grasshoppers that we have this year. They’re about the same diameter as a pea so they end up, whole, in the grain tank.

View attachment 737416

Some HB Cream Ale, hold the grasshoppers.

View attachment 737417

Little extra been protein never hurt anyone! 😉

OT... veggie juice for now

Last edited:
What are you making? Carmel looks intriguing. 5 gal?
I am brewing up, what I call, Sweet Pea's Lite Ale.. I make it for my wife. I steep the Caramel and some oats for a bit of body. 2.5 gallon. It comes in at about 3%ABV and 100 calories

I posted the recipe at I brewed a favorite recipe today

I threw it together with left over and she said it was better than Blue Moon Lite and Heineken Lite. She asked for more. Who am I to say no?

Was up in the area for a swim meet so we naturally "had" to stop by Hopfly Brewery for a few beers. Lil annoyed they skip the nice glassware on the weekends but still solid beers:

1) High Time - Vienna lager - 4.5%
2) Razzle Dazzle - Raspberry Fruited Sour - 5.0%
3) Universal Sound - NEIPA - 6.5% (galaxy, Citra, and lemondrop) - one fo the first NEIPAs Ive had that was solid with lemmondrop.
4) Little Chubby: Cookies and Cream Imperial Stout - 10.0%
5) Nine Pound Hammer IPA - NEIPA - 7.5%, Strata and Ella hops - this was my fav of the day. Awesome Beer
IMG_0491.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0499.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg
IMG_0494.JPG
IMG_0498.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1
Back