What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supper’s over, kitchen cleaned up, time for a nightcap. Finger of CC, couple of ice cubes, splash of water. About as close to a cocktail as I get.

FEC04DBE-4232-4FA7-868B-F51D34F73796.jpeg

Temporary move to Fresno. My wife got her first job out of school there in the NICU (her 'dream' job), so we move...hopefully for 1-1.5 years and get the fook out of there. Too damn hot (115 today when we were rolling through).

Also, finding a place to rent is horrible! And the rent there is $$$$, but the pay is meh at best.

Temporary move to Fresno. My wife got her first job out of school there in the NICU (her 'dream' job), so we move...hopefully for 1-1.5 years and get the fook out of there. Too damn hot (115 today when we were rolling through).

Also, finding a place to rent is horrible! And the rent there is $$$$, but the pay is meh at best.
Gotcha. Best of luck with the move, and congrats to your wife. I hope you eventually end up where you want to be.

Fresno? Yuk. Sorry man. Hopefully it'll all fan out in the end. #1 priority, find good breweries!

Edit: on the bright side, if I ever decide to visit Twain Harte again, I'll be closer to visit.

PXL_20210730_192915360.MP.jpg

Last edited:
My latest from @Dgallo . This is an excellent Kolsch. I totally dig the small citrus vibe balanced with a light clean malt bill. Great beer on hot/humid summer day. My wife, who typically doesn't drink lagers, loves this. She always thought they were the same lol. Perhaps though the Kolsch is a "gateway" for her to appreciate well made lagers. This beer is very good to the style.

IMG_0482.jpg

Fresno? Yuk. Sorry man. Hopefully it'll all fan out in the end. #1 priority, find good breweries!

Edit: on the bright side, if I ever decide to visit Twain Harte again, I'll be closer to visit.

View attachment 737338

Which is why we might overspend on this (manmade) lake front property. I mean it's only for 1-2yrs, why not at least fry with a view ; )

Andddddd yeah, there are a few breweries within the area which provides more options than I have now...score : )

Which is why we might overspend on this (manmade) lake front property. I mean it's only for 1-2yrs, why not at least fry with a view ; )

Andddddd yeah, there are a few breweries within the area which provides more options than I have now...score : )

Oh good, you won't run out of water! Unless, if course, LA and the farmers scream for more!

So DiL and wife had a fallout a while back. Ergo, this won't be ending soon and they don't come over any more. My benefit? I get my picnic table back where it belongs! Wife hated it, hence the change. Woot woot! I'll be sure to keep instigating this chasm. Don't see the other grandkids as much anymore, of course, but small price to pay. Now just need to get my internet TV back up and all things will right..well almost, but 95% is all one can ask for in life, right?

PXL_20210730_213454519.jpg

Last edited:
OT: San Pelligrino :)

@PianoMan - see about a half dozen of these on the way to Fresno - It's either BUILD MORE DAMS or STOP LETTING THE WATER GO INTO THE OCEAN (or something ridiculous like that).

View attachment 737367

Dude, I know more about California's water issue, or the west in general, then what's happening in Austin. I became that old man who watches the Weather Channel and Climate Change YouTube. Makes for good real time drama.

With that said, no other Governor is going to fix this problem. Also, the fresh water has to be released to keep the ocean from creeping up the rivers contaminating the fresh water..see, told you so!

Oh, and you can't build dams without water..duh! You're on the San Joaquin valley now. You're going to see how bad it really is.

First official beer on the original picnic table. Literally, taste like soap

PXL_20210730_222405970.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, I know more about California's water issue, or the west in general, then what's happening in Austin. I became that old man who watches the Weather Channel and Climate Change YouTube. Makes for good real time drama.

First official beer on the original picnic table. Literally, taste like soap

View attachment 737369

Just due to the nature of the business that I'm in, these banners give me a good chuckle. I can understand the governor thing, whatever I at least understand that. The water thing...lol...just makes me laugh a little on the inside.

Rant mode commence, type lots of stuff, erase lots of stuff, rant mode off <--- much nicer

Beer me!

A beer without hops
It is still a beer
Tastes like beer
It is a beer
HB HOPeless Brown 3.??%

...and yes, I ate enough Captain Crunch to do the mail in for my Captain
PXL_20210730_223459773.jpg

Andddddddddddddd I guess we're done working today.
PXL_20210730_223903817.jpg

Thursday happens fast
I used to work on Vietnamese shrimp boats about 10 years ago, and this is the dish I have been raving about since. Couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Definitely going to try my hand at this some time.
My wife is gooooood……but when the aunties and MIL start cooking…..look out!!! They’ll make food for 20 people and it’s only 4 people eating

Back