What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Bo Pils

C03FEFE5-31DD-4427-A425-66C0AAD61DE5.jpeg

HB Saison. I have never had a beer of my own this clear.

15B1C201-02A9-44C1-99F2-D8BAFF426826.jpeg

BE9A52DA-9DBE-43C9-B8B7-E044407A662A.jpeg

Last edited:
Juice and water for the next few weeks. Bought a 6 of Brauhaus Maibock and a 6 of Dirty Bastard Sat night to enjoy BBQing Mothers day. Woke up at 3am with what I thought was just bad heartburn. Heartburn turned into feeling like I got slammed in the chest by a sledge hammer. Once the pain went up my arm, nursing training kicked in and high tailed it to the hospital. Sure enough was in the beginnings of an acute heart attack that would have been worse had I tried to remain macho. Sent to emergency cardiac ventricular stent placement and then the cardiac PCU. Weird thing is my last 10 years as a nurse were in the cardiac PCU. Stent was successful and I'm home in 24 hours recovering but last night I thought for sure I'd seen my last tall st day glass and was gonna cross the River Jordan 😯. Puts a damper on my suds indulging and pushing back my Doppelbock and Czech Premium all grain by a few weeks. Take care of your body folks. I thought I was..my heart thought differently.
Oh my Sean. I'm glad you're ok now. Please heed all warning signs, and take care of yourself. I'm happy that it all worked out and you're now on the mend. Far too many beers yet to brew....plus I have more cat kibbles stories to share....:D

Juice and water for the next few weeks. Bought a 6 of Brauhaus Maibock and a 6 of Dirty Bastard Sat night to enjoy BBQing Mothers day. Woke up at 3am with what I thought was just bad heartburn. Heartburn turned into feeling like I got slammed in the chest by a sledge hammer. Once the pain went up my arm, nursing training kicked in and high tailed it to the hospital. Sure enough was in the beginnings of an acute heart attack that would have been worse had I tried to remain macho. Sent to emergency cardiac ventricular stent placement and then the cardiac PCU. Weird thing is my last 10 years as a nurse were in the cardiac PCU. Stent was successful and I'm home in 24 hours recovering but last night I thought for sure I'd seen my last tall st day glass and was gonna cross the River Jordan 😯. Puts a damper on my suds indulging and pushing back my Doppelbock and Czech Premium all grain by a few weeks. Take care of your body folks. I thought I was..my heart thought differently.

I wasn't planning to have a second beer tonight, but I'll gladly drink to your good health.

I enjoy reading your remarks and I'm pleased to hear you're doing well.

Oh my Sean. I'm glad you're ok now. Please heed all warning signs, and take care of yourself. I'm happy that it all worked out and you're now on the mend. Far too many beers yet to brew....plus I have more cat kibbles stories to share....:D
You are going to send me back into a nervous fit!!! KIBBLES 😳😳😳😳😯😯😯😯😣😣😣! Ahhhhhhhhhhrgh!

Be well! Sending mojo for a full recovery. Funny how we can think we are taking care of our health, then the one or two legged stool we’ve been sitting on tumbles and give use a wake up call. those beers will keep while you recover. :thumbsup:

Due to a break in my "pipeline" (no beer ready to drink for two weeks), I recently found myself at Costco looking for a decent price on a palatable beer to get my wife and myself through the tough times. I (foolishly) thought "she likes Belgian beer, I like Belgian beer...that's pretty cheap for a case of Stella Artois. It's just a short -term sub: how bad can it be"? Okay, everybody who knows the answer can lower their hands, I won't be calling on anyone. Let's just say, I will never, ever buy Stella Artois again. It is Belgian; it does not taste like a Belgian beer. What the hell was I thinking? :oops:

The aroma of raspberry and the in your face cocoa were great until chunks of what I can only assume are cocoa globs started pushing up and out of the can. I'm pretty sure that the fermentation was not complete when these hit cans. The first few mouthfuls were great, but when they became edible bites I called it quits, lol. The effort was there @TBC :)

Beats exploding ASB cans any day, lol
PXL_20210512_031132030.jpg

Back