What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB BoPils or 5. We have to put one of our cats down tomorrow. At least I have been less emo this time.

View attachment 726260

Lily will gwt a Mild brewed in her honor next week and I will wax poetic about it over the summer :)

Losing our animal loved ones is the worst. Heart felt thoughts to your family.

My second pressurized lager. Dumped on the previous yeast cake (34/70).

PXL-20210415-191515024.jpg

Having a small sample from my Grapefruit IPA (neipa)...hmm. It's kind of bland, with an 'oatey' overtone but I haven't dry-hopped yet, or added the final grapefruit flavour additions. Already below the FG (Go go, Imperial Loki!!), so might transfer tonight to leave the sticky oat residue.

I'm sure it'll be great because the mouthfeel is velvet smooth! Now, where are those Cascade packs..?! :yes: 🍺

Moose Drool. My first beer in a couple of days. I came down with either a 24 hour flu or food poisoning Sat night. Food still isn’t very appealing so I might as well try a beer.View attachment 726351
😯 hope it's not food poisoning....or flu for that matter either!! RX: 12oz Moose Drool QID x 2 days, sleep like a baby, repeat PRN as necessary. Naw Gramps...don't listen to me, more of a wish list than a RX! Be well !!! 🙏

I’m curious what you think of those compared to what is available to you locally? Hopfly is a few miles from my front door. I think I saw your post, he didn’t include anything from New Anthem?

I have 3 places local that really put out amazing NEIPAS (Unified Beer Works, Warbler Brewing, and Fidens who really just blew the hell up in popularity)?but comparatively The hopfly beers were every bit as good if not better than Sloop juice bomb or Fiddle head.

He did send me two beers from NA, I’ve had the bliss so far. It was good but not what I was expecting with all the hype surrounding it. Thought it was better than average but not on the upper level. I still have one more. Maybe I’ll have that now

I have 3 places local that really put out amazing NEIPAS (Unified Beer Works, Warbler Brewing, and Fidens who really just blew the hell up in popularity)?but comparatively The hopfly beers were every bit as good if not better than Sloop juice bomb or Fiddle head.

He did send me two beers from NA, I’ve had the bliss so far. It was good but not what I was expecting with all the hype surrounding it. Thought it was better than average but not on the upper level. I still have one more. Maybe I’ll have that now

Heard of Fidens, watched reviews on youtube. Something is up with NA, lots of chalkiness. Ask me a year ago & I would have said they were just below Trillium/Other Half. Lately, they’re all over the place.

I usually like New Anthem for neipa. Burial does many styles well, look out for their lagers. I Like a lot of Heist’s stuff out of Charlotte. Wilmington brewing has some nice beers too.
We’re flying into Charlotte, but will be splitting time between Wilmington and Winston-Salem. I had some IPA called Monkeysphere when we were there a few years ago

We’re flying into Charlotte, but will be splitting time between Wilmington and Winston-Salem. I had some IPA called Monkeysphere when we were there a few years ago

Nice! New Anthem & Wilmington Brewing are two of my local favs. I’ve not been there, but check out Red Oak lager Haus east of Greensboro if you have the time. At very least the beer hall is beautiful. Seems up you alley. Enjoy your time in NC.

Heard of Fidens, watched reviews on youtube. Something is up with NA, lots of chalkiness. Ask me a year ago & I would have said they were just below Trillium/Other Half. Lately, they’re all over the place.
Agreed on NA being a little hit or miss right now with the IPAs. For me Ive had some great ones but also some that had a little hop burn for my taste. They are churning out so many now and have two locations in wilmington, Im thinking its growing pains. For me, Flying Machine is my favorite out of wilmington. I don't live in wilmington though so my sample size on flying machine, NA, and wilmington brewery are small and based on what I can get in my area.

Back