What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In college I drank so much rolling rock lite. It was 13.99 for a 30 rack lol
Was just thinking the same thing. Used to crush those in high school. It was a "fancy" break from Bud Man in a Can and bottom shelf Goebels and Olympia 😂 😂. Not quite to the level of You Got It Going On Moose Head but a nice change up....the joys of misspent youth!!!

Don't you just love it when you open a can of beer and you get smacked in the face with the aroma and you don't need to even put your nose up to the can? lol - this is really good.
IMG_9733.jpg

EB6EA626-01F1-4E70-8FD0-FD7D936CB036.jpeg

Tastes like a skunked Budweiser. I honestly can’t believe they let this leave the brewery. I’ve had this beer soooo many times and this is light years away from what it was/should be. It’s cool that I can now buy Other Half at a bunch of my local liquor stores (NJ) and don’t have to make the trek into Brooklyn, but I’d say half of their beers I’ve had not purchased directly from the brewery have been piss. Had two four packs of double Citra daydream that were absolute garbage. MANY other people feel the same way. 🤔

Last edited:
Not from any glass lined tanks from Latrob, PA anymore. AB bought the name and recipe years ago and closed that plant in Latrob. Don’t know if they ever found a buyer for those glass lined tanks but many people lost their jobs. As far as I know all those bottles and cans of Rolling Rock say St. Louis, MO on them now. That’s false advertising and misleading, they should not be allowed to put that on their bottles and cans.

I have 2 bottles that say Latrob, PA on one of my shelves and I’m keeping those unopened as souveniers. Next to my unopened bottle of Romulan Ale from Star Trek the Experience.

I'm drinking an IPA where I decided to push the IBU's through the roof. 100% Golden Promise, US-05, and hopped with copious amounts of Vic Secret and Cascade. Right around 100 IBU and 6.7% ABV. I guess I could call it a Session DIPA and I regret nothing, so far.

IMG_6614.JPG

284F8ECC-0CEE-4E7A-84E3-02369183A018.jpeg
0B2B9357-B9B8-458C-B5A8-63D50220692E.jpeg
AEC3DC98-BB00-406C-B48E-55959B4DCEFF.jpeg
The OH DIPA was a good start to the night. Pleasant enjoyable but not mind blowing.
Then the Rising Storm Sour IPA, damn this was delicious and all the fruits played well together.
Mortalis Hydras typically don’t disappoint but this one did (mango, peach, strawberry and their crumble treatment). Yes it’s old (canned 12/15/20) but it has really dropped off & it’s no longer sour or tart. Just muddled fruit juice. Fresh it was delicious though. I need to be better about not forgetting them or sitting on them for too long. Lesson learned.

'Filthy Dirty' WCIPA from Parallel 49 Brewing Company, in Vancouver, BC. Funny name and logo, but very crushable, even at 7.2%.

Filthy_Dirty.jpg

It's brew day!! 😁 Decided against a cider until the 30th, so doing a Grapefruit NEIPA, with Columbus, Amarillo and a big Cascade dry hop. Looking at 65 IBU...and about 8.14%, so it's going to be a doozie~!!! :mischievous: Cheers!

( edited approx. ABV of recipe after 4 times through Brewer's Friend..no problem ;) )

Last edited:
Back