What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After long day at work beer
1AAF5D29-05CC-4DB7-9FFD-487C58EFD267.jpeg

View attachment 713203About the first beer I ever actually enjoyed a long time ago. Still has a special place in my memories
When I first realized there was more to beer than generic American Lagers, over 50 years ago, St. Pauli
Girl, along with Lucky Draft, began my lifelong quest to enjoy as many good beers as I could find.

When I first realized there was more to beer than generic American Lagers, over 50 years ago, St. Pauli
Girl, along with Lucky Draft, began my lifelong quest to enjoy as many good beers as I could find.
Amen to that. Can you imagine being stationed as an 18 year old in Bavaria Germany? From Bud, Strohs and Colt 45 to Aventinus, Shlenkerla and Doppelbock ,real beer Nirvana !!! Up to that point I thought Moose Head was about as good as beer could get!

Amen to that. Can you imagine being stationed as an 18 year old in Bavaria Germany? From Bud, Strohs and Colt 45 to Aventinus, Shlenkerla and Doppelbock ,real beer Nirvana !!! Up to that point I thought Moose Head was about as good as beer could get!
Molson Golden was another of my early favorites.

Never made it to Germany, but I got to England in the navy. 1984? We sat in a British pub in London. The bartender tried his best to tell us what they had on handpump, and God knows what they had. We were totally the ugly Americans that night. We didn’t want any of that warm English crap, we wanted cold beer. Thus we sat in a London pub drinking French lager out of a can. If I only knew then what I know now. Would love to have a do-over on that one.

Last edited:
HB Pilsner! 100% Saaz. Tweaked @camonick's killer recipe. Definitely keeping this one on tap!View attachment 713213
That looks tasty, but I can’t really take credit for the recipe since I copied it from a kit I got. I tweaked it a little also I guess. I know I really enjoy the original version.

Hi Folks, Happy New Year!

Having cheap vodka during my first 'dirty' NEIPA partial mash of of 2021! Smells amaaaaazing, and 23L too.

Not going to reveal every secret, but Actezza hops, Simcoe hops and, of course Citra. So much thanks to my LBHS!👍🏻

Pitched a kveik called Loki at 33ºC ...hopefully he isn't going to be a trickster with this brew. Very happy with the boil, only one crack and left hops for a dry version.

Take good care, everyone, and happy brewing !! 🔥🤓🤞🏻🍻

NEIPA_boil1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Folks, Happy New Year!

Not going to reveal every secret, but Actezza

View attachment 713286

First off, "secret", that's a good one with this HB crowd with probably 200 combined years of experience. Next, you may be right. Actezza hops ARE a secret! 😄 Happy Brewing back at you. I'll be doing an IPA soon myself.

Last edited:
Molson Golden was another of my early favorites.

Never made it to Germany, but I got to England in the navy. 1984? We sat in a British pub in London. The bartender tried his best to tell us what they had on handpump, and God knows what they had. We were totally the ugly Americans that night. We didn’t want any of that warm English crap, we wanted cold beer. Thus we sat in a London pub drinking French lager out of a can. If I only knew then what I know now. Would love to have a do-over on that one.
I made it to England 3 times, the longest for 6 months in Gloustershire. Drank a ton of Speckled Hen, Fullers ESB Special, Theakston old ale and English cider. Loved Gloustershire England so much, reminded me a lot of the Texas Hill Country which is where I spent most of my Army and Dept of Def career and where my heart is.

Back