What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lotta complaints about that snow! 😂

D42DB753-AF98-4E4D-B230-5811C1FB1C36.jpeg
A2A62659-7B06-4F35-911F-DDACABE9C087.jpeg

View attachment 710383View attachment 710384I think I’ll just sit back and sip on this for a little while tonight.
What do you think of The Bruery ales? I've had a couple different ones and wasn't impressed at all. Their maple spiced something or other was horrible. I've still got a Christmas ale and wit style I've had in the cellar since last year. Got kinda skittish after the maple

What do you think of The Bruery ales? I've had a couple different ones and wasn't impressed at all. Their maple spiced something or other was horrible. I've still got a Christmas ale and wit style I've had in the cellar since last year. Got kinda skittish after the maple
I’ve only had this one recently, another stout (Black Tuesday Spicy Island) back in March and a Pale Ale 3.5 years ago. The two stouts were delicious and the pale ale was just ok, I’ve had better.
I did get some new stouts recently but haven’t tried them yet. I don’t think I’ll be disappointed and I hope not for how much they were.
F1C26746-6B3B-4778-9889-3B97C169099D.jpeg
5224C990-4BF9-4B13-9BB5-A7DFCEC033DC.jpeg

I brewed my NEIPA in my previous post a few minutes ago with Imperial Pog and damn is it tasty. So good I haven't bought commercial beer lately because it's so good and satisfying lol.
I too have been impressed by it too! I’m happy I overbuilt the starter and saved some for a future brew. I hope to use it a few more times!
Cheers bud!

I enjoyed a pleasant midnight drive home in tonight's crunchy rain. I observed a Jeep driver being a Jeep driver, to the detriment of the Jeep.

To celebrate my rear wheel drive sports car's triumphant safe arrival in weather that kills Jeeps, I tapped the "thing" that I brewed to build up a big pitch of WY2112. Seventy percent pils, 30% corn and an ounce of Clusters split between 60 and flameout makes for a nifty little beer.

I'm tempted to name it "Jeep Slayer," but that's kinda mean spirited.

Czech pilsner fermented with 2278. 4.7% ABV. Finished too low for style at 1004 but i prefer them dry. 90% attenuation mashed at 62c, possibly more like 60c for 90m then 30minutes at 68c. Not sure if the 68c rest does anything as not experimented enough but its the first time i got 90% with this yeast. Really happy with this, i love the colour and its nicely balanced and goes down too easily. Cheers.
DSC_0004 (1).JPG
rinking.

I’ve only had this one recently, another stout (Black Tuesday Spicy Island) back in March and a Pale Ale 3.5 years ago. The two stouts were delicious and the pale ale was just ok, I’ve had better.
I did get some new stouts recently but haven’t tried them yet. I don’t think I’ll be disappointed and I hope not for how much they were.
View attachment 710538View attachment 710537
I think it was a autumn/fall spiced ale with maple and yams. Not very palatable. Have not tried their stouts. Local beer store stopped carrying Bruery last year, said they were not selling well. Actually got 4 of the giant bottles of Bruery for $2 each. Guess they just wanted to get rid of them. Maybe if I find one of their stouts one day it might change my opinion.

Another "I never thought I'd live to see the day" moment.

Mead shipped from Michigan with free shipping to Massachusetts. I don't even think I paid taxes.

Trying to expand out more with different meads while waiting for the storm. Honeyberry? Very good.View attachment 710514
I wasn't aware Michigan , my state , shipped alcohol personally or from stores.

Something must have changed in our laws recently. I'd really like to see neighboring states open to us, like Vermont and Maine.
Same here, I see Vermont beers ship to surrounding states but not to NY. Even Virgina beers won’t/can’t ship to NY, yet NY breweries can ship to these states. Ugh!!!!

No one knows what a snowblower is down in NC, but regardless, I've popped open a home-brew Westy12 clone in morale support of my northeastern colleagues. It's my first attempt at the Westy12, and the first bottle I've tried - my patience ended when the last of the other batches were finished off. So far, so good.

Also, we head to VT tomorrow (15 hrs by car), so I'm tying to "get ready" for the trip by taking the afternoon off from work, popping the top on this new batch, and comptemplating life without snowblowers or even snow shovels. (Last year we had 0.00" of frozen precip here in Charlotte, NC). Tough to be a "ski bum" when you have to travel that far to experience it.

Latest posts

Back