What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a little break with a Tired Hands, The Tree From Which The Yolk Dripped, Riwaka, Simcoe, Citra DIPA.

image.jpg

Was a beautiful day so wife and I went out for a bit. Stopped by at one of our local breweries as they had their yearly release of their imperial stouts and picked up a smattering of other beers. Enjoyed one of their single hop IPAs (sabro) after we got home.
3A40CEF6-84D2-46AB-AFD8-4FF732D5B2FD.jpeg

following up after dinner with a hefe from one of our other nearby breweries
E80448E4-D84D-45B7-BB00-17A0CD34EFED.jpeg

Pillowfort: Edmunds Oast (SC) collab with Flying Machine brewing (Eastern NC). Like both breweries a lot, especially Flying Machine. Funny story: saw the "triple dry hopped" on the front of can only and the collab on the backside of the can and said "sounds good"! So got it home and chilled and after NOT eating much in the day and ready for a beer before dinner, slugged this puppy back way too quick! Looked at label again and missed the "triple" IPA on the front and the HUGE font of 10% on the backside. :) Certainly didn't taste very boozy at all and very smooth.

IMG_8636.jpg
IMG_8637.jpg
IMG_8638.jpg

Beer mocktail made from @TwistedGray strawberry sour.

Was organizing my fridge today and came across this beer. Despite your warnings of how sour it is, I decided to try a sip without cutting it. Tasty but dear God this thing is sour! Ended up serving over ice and using a tablespoon of lime juice and agave syrup to transform it into a pretty tasty beer cocktail. Thanks for the recommendations!

On another note, would you believe that baseball player used to be me? Where has the time gone? 😂 View attachment 708190

Lol, you only have yourself to blame. It's good in a mixed drink though :)

That sucks. I'm coming off almost 3 years of barely being able to drink beer. I feel your pain

Just add it to the long list of things I enjoy but can't have without near immediate and guaranteed negative effects: alcohol, chocolate, coffee, and caffeinated drink, lactose, dairy, anything heavy in acid (ceviche), too much sugar, and sometimes spicy foods.

But I still have my life, my wife, my health, my wealth, and everything that gets me out of bed in the morning. No complaints ... Anyone want to come shop in my beer cellar; you're welcome to drop in, lol.

Latest posts

Back