What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a side-by-side comparison. My HB Schwarzbier fermented with Lutra Kveik on the left, and a local commercial version on the right.

F441A2DB-75C4-457F-BA25-1158850F2B39.jpeg

Decompressing with one of these after getting home from a semi vs. Ranger pickup t-bone accident.
View attachment 708148
As a mostly retired, 43 year volunteer fire service veteran, and owner of an older Ranger and two semis, I can say, with confidence, that the Ranger wouldn’t fare very well as either the T-Boner or the T-bonee.

As a mostly retired, 43 year volunteer fire service veteran, and owner of an older Ranger and two semis, I can say, with confidence, that the Ranger wouldn’t fare very well as either the T-Boner or the T-bonee.
You are correct. As near as I could tell, the ranger actually t-boned the semi (tractor and loaded live bottom trailer) somewhere between the landing gear and trailer axles, with everything coming to a rest with everything wedged to the side of the front tandem. The ranger driver was still alive, but choppered to a trauma center after extrication was completed.

Decompressing with one of these after getting home from a semi vs. Ranger pickup t-bone accident.
View attachment 708148

That's one of my favorite beers. They nailed it in my opinion for one of the best easy drinking lagers with some flavor. Sorry to here about the accident tho. I'm a nurse in hospital and see way more suffering than I want to see. Glad you were there to help.
On topic one of these to get ready for work this weekend...

Attachments

• C02D067E-436A-4C73-B688-56AE1A3E2C6D.jpeg
    C02D067E-436A-4C73-B688-56AE1A3E2C6D.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 6
Beer mocktail made from @TwistedGray strawberry sour.

Was organizing my fridge today and came across this beer. Despite your warnings of how sour it is, I decided to try a sip without cutting it. Tasty but dear God this thing is sour! Ended up serving over ice and using a tablespoon of lime juice and agave syrup to transform it into a pretty tasty beer cocktail. Thanks for the recommendations!

On another note, would you believe that baseball player used to be me? Where has the time gone? 😂
PXL_20201128_054408156.PORTRAIT.jpg

What's the verdict? Planning my first batch with Lutra for a few days from now.
Well I had a couple mishaps with mine. First I overshot my mash temperature and ended up mashing at close to 160 degrees. Then, after kegging, I had a leak in my beer-out line. I was getting a ton of bubbles in my beer line. Turned out to be a damaged o-ring on the beer out post. Took me a while to find it and after I fixed it I left it for a month before pouring a beer.

Anyway....the commercial beer was crisper and clearer, but I preferred the taste of mine. I'd like to brew this again, but next time without all the issues, to get a better feel for what Lutra can do.

Back