What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came on to post a beer photo, got distracted and started talking about cats. I guess that's what happens when you drink two, 11% ABV beers.... I'm going to have to give a thumbs up to the Costco purchaser for carrying pallet after pallet of Dragon's Milk. It's not the best but it is close enough.
Edit: I just noticed my reflection in the glass--I look like Beaker Supreme--or that I have a really long neck (I don't).
double dragoin.jpg

I've dropped this Pixel4 in my swimming pool, twice, all the way to the bottom. It auto shuts off and, obviously, still works w/no issues. Impressive!

I know all about hot tubs, but the $6000 kind, not the $600...😞

We needed wiring in place, a pad, and then of course the tub among other things. $10k or so...

I build the platform from some spare wood, $600 the tub, and about $60 for two small chairs designed for it. It's certainly not as comfy as a regular tub is, but then again we just got the chairs today. We'll see how tonight goes :)

Really cannot complain! It's been wonderful.

That is Eeyore. 1 of 9. It's certainly a lot to handle but we couldn't find any no kill shelters that would take them when they came into our lives and there was no way we were going to let them get put down so we took them in. Never a dull moment with these guys lol.

Another one while I get some trades ready to ship. View attachment 704923

Nine?! Yikes!! Can't imagine feeding time.

Crying in my Sam Adams Winter Lager....woe is me! My Wolverines look like another disappointing year with Harsh-Ball at the helm😒. Two of the worse occurrences in a year are a lose to Mich St and Ohio St. There are not enough Winter Lagers in the world to lessen the pain!! Oh the pain!!!View attachment 704909
Go Blue sir!!

image.jpg

That is a lovely name! I was going to joke and ask if you rented the black cat for Halloween and were going to return him.
Honestly, nine cats is about equal to two, large dogs. We have four: Crunch, Dashel, Hogarth and Moose. We were supposed to only have three but I've never met a kitten I didn't want to bring in the house. Now that I think about it, it's a forking miracle we only have four.
Do you post in the "Cats" thread?
Back when I lived in Texas, we found a litter of ferrell kittens abandoned in our yard. That is how Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore came into our lives. Then one day while we were trying to get them all Fixed (not cheap) Eeyore got out while in heat and then a little later she gave birth to Yogi, Booboo, Pepe, Billy, and Rollie Pollie.

In an attempt to not get attached, we originally named the second litter in numerical order (Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, and Cinco) but that ended up being an epic fail lol. Our house is always covered in fur but we love having them here. I occasionally post in the cats thread but it has been a while since my last one.

Enjoying an IPA from @jerbrew. Piglet is performing quality control. She says it is perfect. Or should I say purrfect? I'll show myself out lol.
PXL_20201031_233443649.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

Enjoying an IPA
Good of you to stay on topic. I'll do the same with an HB triple (cheating because I'm pretty sure I posted this one though they all look the same no matter the date).
Cats are something else. I also have a hard time watching them get put down, freeze to death, etc. We're so aware of how much trap, neuter and release is, price-wise. We've kept the neighborhood in check that way. We've got a baby community that we control. Oddly, with the pandemic, you wouldn't believe how, all of sudden, so many people started feeding the strays--they got pretty fat. it does speak well for humanity and their innate compassion for wildlife.
We have three outdoor shelters that hold about nine cats. It is what is, right? Someone gets a cat, doesn't want it and lets it go. Someone else does the same and then you've strays and an overabundance of cats going on.
I suck at not getting attached. My wife now knows not to let me near a batch of kittens.
Belgian Tripel.jpg

@orionol73
Nice pic. I still have never had a Corona or any Mexican beer, a NEIPA or a sour beer. Probably won't either.
Had a Coors light once but only once. Was raised on Canadien Biere so it didn't fly. Probably why I like HB.
My comments have little relevance, just reminded me of my early years when I saw the beer photo.
Cheers.

A victory drink. The 2020 big game seasons are in the bag for my family. I was able to fill my doe deer tag this evening. The rifle is a sporterized 7.7 X 58mm Type 99 Japanese Arisaka. My grandfather was in the army at the end of WWII and a member of the Occupation Forces in Japan for an additional 12 months after their surrender. He sent 2 of these rifles and matching bayonets home. I wanted to use it for the challenge. My son and I were able to put 2 pronghorn antelope and 2 deer in the freezer.
EEBB4CC0-5A31-40C1-8BB7-3113C322132C.jpeg

216D5E8E-50ED-47C6-9FDF-E2B844F1E05D.jpeg

My 1st ever.. I'm not a big hard liquor guy. IDK what gift supporting means. I seem to be the only one w/o it....
You have it. It's in bold and says "Gift supporting." I'll be interested to know what exactly it is eventually.
That drink streak for my wife's family has gone on for 30 years. My wife is now the "Maker."

My 1st ever.. I'm not a big hard liquor guy. IDK what gift supporting means. I seem to be the only one w/o it....
We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Looks like instead of just having on the upgrade page they give you the choice with evry post now. Of course it makes sense you won't see the option on your own posts.

View attachment 704953
This is a brewery near my house. Maybe my favorite beer. It's 10% ABV or 11% ABV and smooth as the day is long. Today has not been a day of moderation!
Cheers.
Stopped in there once but just to look around. Bought supplies out of there once but prefer Cap N Cork on 21 mile and Garfield. Off of Chicago Rd if I remember. I have one of those triples but saving if for a bad snowy day.

One of our Too Many pets (3 dogs and 5 cats, not counting the strays we feed).
You, too, huh? We have four indoor cats. We feed and shelter some outdoor cats. Plus, I name them which is a very bad idea. Right now, we have Xerox, Gul DuCat, Midnight, Butterscotch, Fireball and Butterball. Butterscotch is pregnant again. Butterscotch and her two younguns' are new to the group.

Back