What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D7B8731A-FB02-4921-AC02-DF220A19785F.jpeg

Fall flavours In full effect while visiting some local breweries today. First stop had a foreign export stout and marzen. not in the picture but enjoyed a delicious spent grain pretzel from the commissary next door with the marzen. Second stop had the breweries take on black is beautiful where they added habaneros and mango. I would not think mango and habanero in a rich stout, but damn it was good! Final pic is the dedicated mouser for the second brewery. She was gracious enough to stop by and thank us for our patronage.
79F26FFA-2965-47FA-812D-5708D98C8932.jpeg
7BF8B814-C9CD-4C07-9C0F-F316CA602413.jpeg

243DD5F6-BBC6-48CD-9391-2068E6DC9720.jpeg

Was gonna drink a Bells paradise but too angry. Walking out of Kroger like any other day and out of the blue got called the N word. Now I'm ex military and my 1st impulse was to get real ugly with an air assault😠. But thought no..he's looking for a confrontation and me being the brown skinned guy with the racist local Gestapo I would be the one sitting in jail or worse. 20 years in the army and DOD and gotta deal with this. Can't drink a beer now to angry 😠😠😠.
Sir, you are just about the gentlest, nicest, most encouraging soul here on HBT. I appreciate every comment/like you've made on my posts, not to mention your years of service to our country. Blood boiling here that some degenerate a**whole flung that at you. I come from a whiter than white scandihoovian family, but we were taught to never never never EVER use that word even in jest. Makes my blood boil even hotter than 212.5 to hear young black men calling each other that. Years ago I got into a heated argument (back when I was still bartending) with some children who were flinging that word at each other; I asked them nicely to not use it as it was offensive, and was snottily told they were ALLOWED to use that word simply because they were black. I asked them to leave, fortunately my bouncer (huge gentle giant of mexican descent named Jose) convinced them they should go elsewhere before it got ugly. Jerks gonna be jerks, and heroes are gonna be here forever. Thank you sir!!!

How'd you do the maple? Kegging my first attempt at a French Toast Imperial Stout this week.
I used amoretti maple praline flavoring. It's unfermentable so you don't have to worry about it thinning your beer out and you don't need to use a metric ton to get any flavor. I just mix it with a little hot water to make it easier to blend and add it at packaging. A little goes a long way too. I only use about 4 ounces per 5 gallons so one bottle of flavoring will last multiple batches.

https://amoretti.com/products/natur...d96qY1N1yU1C4RETQKlF2ymSYbgn-DhBoCX3YQAvD_BwE

I used amoretti maple praline flavoring. It's unfermentable so you don't have to worry about it thinning your beer out and you don't need to use a metric ton to get any flavor. I just mix it with a little hot water to make it easier to blend and add it at packaging. A little goes a long way too. I only use about 4 ounces per 5 gallons so one bottle of flavoring will last multiple batches.

https://amoretti.com/products/natur...d96qY1N1yU1C4RETQKlF2ymSYbgn-DhBoCX3YQAvD_BwE

Exactly what I was thinking. Trying Brewers Best Maple extract, vanilla and cinnamon.

Check out this new IPA style, it's all clear and ****! So unique! 😉

PXL_20201019_005256682.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Last edited:
Back