What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200927_172542.jpg

HB Vienna lager
Just racked yet another batch of wort to my fermenter for another try at Guinness Draught. This batch might be a touch light on the SRM scale but studying the last sixer of Guinness I drank, when held up to the light, it’s not as dark as one might think. Here’s hoping for a good batch. I’m about 2 hours from pitching my WLP004 starter that I have going.
7D8F143A-E7F0-417C-A239-D1CD2BCB0DD7.jpeg

HB Vienna lager
Just racked yet another batch of wort to my fermenter for another try at Guinness Draught. This batch might be a touch light on the SRM scale but studying the last sixer of Guinness I drank, when held up to the light, it’s not as dark as one might think. Here’s hoping for a good batch. I’m about 2 hours from pitching my WLP004 starter that I have going.
Good luck! I know ya been hunting that recipe.

On topic: HB Kolsch. Running low on this one too. I need to brew more often...hopeful for this coming Friday.
4654ACC8-2B58-4B59-9BA2-215F93F88F88.jpeg

This has lost it's flavor... apologies @LoneTreeFarms. Hope the extras make up for it.

View attachment 700087
Still excited to get to try it!!! Sorry for the delayed response. Spent all weekend plumbing sewer lines and black piping for propane. Temps supposed to be dropping this week. Swmbo starting to whine about the cold. #noweekends

Haha maybe I should have said “My beer with dinner”. 😂
No, not that. The collaboration between Genny and Other Half surprised me. I cut my teeth on Genny Cream, and was probably singularly responsible for keeping them in business during my time at college. But I didn't expect the two breweries to hook up in a million years. Different leagues I assumed. I usually drool at your OH pics as their beers look and sound so delicious.

ps: I'd love to find a Genny Cream recipe and give it a try. Have you ever seen one, or something that comes close?

No, not that. The collaboration between Genny and Other Half surprised me. I cut my teeth on Genny Cream, and was probably singularly responsible for keeping them in business during my time at college. But I didn't expect the two breweries to hook up in a million years. Different leagues I assumed. I usually drool at your OH pics as their beers look and sound so delicious.

ps: I'd love to find a Genny Cream recipe and give it a try. Have you ever seen one, or something that comes close?
Ahhh ok! Well this is the second time they made this beer and this time it was an HDHC variant of the Genny Dream Ale.
Genesee brewery beers go way back for a lot of people with fond memories. They have been turning out some interesting beers for sure but this was a huge hit for the Rochester NY area when they and OH made it last year for the first time. It was absolutely bonkers. Link below if you’re curious.
Hundreds wait in line for Genesee-Other Half cream ale release

Mashup made in beer heaven? Genesee and Other Half team up for new spin on cream ale

Brutal buddy. That's about half my life. Hope you get good shut-eye tonight. Makes all the difference.

View attachment 700450

Comes with the territory. Got up yesterday as normal then work call around dinner to get in to startup a unit. Came home around 7am, went to bed but forgot free trimmer was coming today. Woke up to chainsaws and a chipper.

I’m sure I’ll sleep like a bear tonight. Not sure about the boss. Will probably complain I snore like a bear!

Water to rehydrate.
9B8BD7E8-984F-491D-BBD0-1311CB6EAC04.jpeg

Back