What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew English Mild to end the day.
View attachment 696312
Looks tasty

HB Dunkel For me. Last of the batch.
41F51B51-D44E-47E3-81AB-6E5F619D4109.jpeg

How’s it taste? I was going to mix cascade and centennial in my next Voss pale? Not used centennial yet

I don't hate it, but its really not doing it for me too much (yet?). I'm thinking I'm just not super into the voss yeast. Mine is intensely orange and theres just a whisper of hops in this beer. Not bad by any means, but this recipe is one of my go-to brews and its not quite as enjoyable as usual. In fact, its a completely different beer. But centennial is a great hop, one of my favorites.

Wife and I spent the day exploring a river on the kayaks. Figured we would stop for some food and drink before the long drive home. Lo and behold, isn't there a brewery 4 miles down the road that has a patio on the same river we were just on! Food, beer and location were all great!
On the water.
52123E78-3138-4E33-9186-2C1705F880E1.jpeg

Pints after, blackberry vanilla sour and a hazy pale ale.
2133C40D-AC23-40A0-81BC-D3EEA406A8AD.jpeg
Hard to tell but there is an Osprey in the trees and a Heron in the river. Better view than the patios the city breweries have for sure!
EB171555-8F87-48B9-AD63-2655DC351E25.jpeg

Not pictured but after the pale ale I had a cucumber/pink peppercorn gose that was just awesome. Bought a bunch to bring home. Something about cucumber and beer Just hits all the right notes with me.

I'm drinking some homebrew cream ale that I brewed a couple of months ago. It smelled and tasted like skunk at first (from Columbus hops.) It also took a really long time for the kveik yeast to carbonate it, but when if finally did the skunk was gone and it's a nice beer.

I'll use Crystal hops next time and save the Columbus for something hoppier.

Not pictured but after the pale ale I had a cucumber/pink peppercorn gose that was just awesome. Bought a bunch to bring home. Something about cucumber and beer Just hits all the right notes with me.

That's about the one adjunct that I could do without (cucumber). I love pickles, I like cucumbers, but I have never had a beer with cucumber that I'd have again (and I don't recall ever finishing one).

What do you think of that beer. Those guys are 15-20 mins from my house. They have a great taproom ipa series and a Berliner series called “she’s tert with..”

so the blue raspberry was decent. I didn’t like the sour apple and I really enjoyed the black cherry. The wife enjoyed them all. They were true to their name. Basically liquid sour warheads. I have the lemon one left and have high expectations for it as I love lemon.

I’d recommend trying them if you like sours. I’ll have to pick up some Of their IPAs to try. This was my first time trying this brewery.

Well, here’s the Märzen I’ve been bragging about and it turns out I should have kept my mouth shut. I’m disappointed in how it turned out. I don’t think my processes are solid enough to store a beer for 5 months. Possible oxidation problem and surprisingly hazy for having lagered as long as it did. I need someone else to taste it to confirm my opinion.
35374DE9-2E77-4622-B85A-77921FD10262.jpeg

Different light doesn’t help either...:(
Makes me wonder what the beers tasted like way back in the day after being in a cave or cellar for 5 months. It was a fun experiment and a good test of my willpower, but I probably won’t do it again. It’s drinkable but not as expected.
#2 HB Märzen
C7819A95-C7A4-4EF5-BE6E-E6F5153291B1.jpeg

Different light doesn’t help either...:(
Makes me wonder what the beers tasted like way back in the day after being in a cave or cellar for 5 months. It was a fun experiment and a good test of my willpower, but I probably won’t do it again. It’s drinkable but not as expected.
#2 HB Märzen
View attachment 696452
Ugh, that bites. I haven’t waited that long for any of my beers but I could imagine the disappointment

Back