What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0376.JPG

I have to say though, that with this beer (Founders Underground Mountain), there was no "wow" factor for me. It seemed a clumsy attempt at barrel-aging a coffee stout with no segue into the complicated flavors that were promised on the label. To me, it was a two-dimensional coffee/bitterness fiesta. I searched for those complicated flavors but didn't taste them.
Yeah, I was about 70% wrong on this. Had another one of the four-pack today. It still wouldn't be a go-to beer but it is very good. Must have been in a mood or thought it was going to be something else or brushed my teeth too recently. Who knows. Just needed to correct this since the negative review wasn't warranted.

I was refering to the screen. Looks like The Matrix.It's a free old ac unit. Have plans to plumb in house ac to the brewpub but this will work for now. Have to wait for the attic temp to fall below 200f..[emoji16]

Last night's night cap. Over 1yr old so lost flavor. Ol' man tweeked his back putting the ceiling up yesterday. Still not good. Drinking may start early...
View attachment 641309View attachment 641310

Just heard they’re coming out with the matrix 4. Gonna have to upgrade that box set.

As horrid as this sounds, I have no beer... I had surgery in July and couldn't lift anything over 15 pounds, so I couldn't brew anything for the last month.....ack! Going to be a long few weeks while I wait for things to ferment and get ready.... brew day tomorrow, after I build a new chicken pen.

Back